JSE Surplus Uppers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bige91603, Sep 27, 2012.

1. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Has anyone had any experience wither JSE surplus parts? Seem like a good deal but have never heard of them

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Never heard before..

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

They've been around for quite a while. They're one of our sponsors on WWW.midwestguntrader.com

I've purchased plenty of parts from them, and one upper. They've usually go the best deals along with PSA.

4. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

JSE is located just outside of town by me. We stumbled across them just a few weeks ago. After a few trips to the shop, I felt like not only did they know their sh1t, but they are actually darn nice people too.

I'm doing my first build and am using a DTI 16" 5.56 upper with MI gen2 ff hand guard from them.

They had tons of stuff in house with brands from DPMS to RRA to Daniel to Noveske.

I'd give them a try if you see something you like. Also call them if something's listed as out of stock. They seem pretty busy and might be a few days behind on new stock listed.

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'm with LongBaller. I frequent their shop about every other week. I actually have one of their uppers on my gun and it's great. I believe they use JD Machine receivers and Bulldog barrels on their custom uppers.

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Wow sounds like the blind move I made turned out to be a good one, I cancelled my backordered delton carbine kit and ordered all of my needed parts from JSE. Thanks for the great info guys!

7. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I believe that I ordered the same upper, is yours m4 or middy?

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

My whole rifle came from parts bought at JSE. I'm getting ready to do a build for my brother with JSE parts as well.

9. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Got a middy. Was planning on browsing parts, but this upper was just right and hangin' on the wall calling my name.
    image-902614016.jpg

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

11. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

I was hawking several of their custom uppers for a long while. About a year ago. Did not end up buying from them in the end only because they sold out of mids when I finally scraped together the funds.

Did a bunch of research and a lot of watching and they are legit. I still have their website in my favorites list although they seem to have been out of stock of just about everything for a while now. Not sure if that is a good or bad sign.

12. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Usually just means they're behind on updating the site. If you see something out, call em up.

13. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Beautiful rifle longballer, I got the 16"dti m4 upper. they had more available than most other companies and when I called they had a lot more in stock

14. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Just call them and see what they have. I rarely check their website since they are local for me. I just go in with a list of parts.

They are definitely legit!