JR Roscoe Shoulder Rigs

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by 7point62, Mar 16, 2016.

1. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Last November (2015), I paid $347 for a custom-made leather vertical shoulder rig for my full-size 1911. I was told 10 weeks.

It's now 18 weeks, almost 5 months, and I still haven't gotten it. I've called and left messages that were never returned. I've sent e-mails that were never answered. When I was lucky enough to get somebody on the phone, I've gotten excuse after excuse after excuse.

On top of that, they've lied to me about ship dates, dates that have come and gone, still no merchandise.

I'm about ready to go to the Texas Attorney General's office about this company.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
  2. 7point62

UPDATE

I emailed the company telling them I was cancelling my order and wanted a full refund. I got a call back today, profuse apology and assurance that the holster would be shipped out today.

We'll see.

The product itself has a good reputation. It's just a shame you have to cancel your order to get any action.

3. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

Good luck, please let us know how it comes out.

4. 7point62

I got the rig shortly after my last post above. And the quality and workmanship is very good, the fit perfect and comfortable. Just what I wanted.

But...they need to be more upfront with customers about turn-around time. I've seen other posts on other forums with this same complaint.

Would I recommend the product? Absolutely. But be prepared to wait and add 3 or 4 weeks to whatever they tell you.

5. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

So the final question is - was it worth the wait?

6. 7point62

Well...yes and no.

Like I said in the OP, I carry an SA Milspec full-size 1911. While I was waiting, a LEO det. bud of mine showed me his Bianchi X15 vertical rig with a spring-loaded release.

The X15 would have been a fine alternative and about half the price. As it is, the Roscoe is custom-fitted according to body size, chest measurements and firearm so the fit of the Roscoe is probably better.

Bottom line is, I'm happy with the end result. This is a shoulder holster I can wear for hours in relative comfort.

7. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

I had a Bianchi X15 for my .44 7 1/2" Ruger Blackhawk back in the late 1970's, I loved it as it was extremely comfortable.

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have an X-15 for my Colt Anaconda and I love it. I can conceal that six inch cannon under a vest. or windbreaker.:)