Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice site here guys-- seems like a nice place to hang out and learn a thing or two.
My name is Joe and I'm a Navy vet and currently a school teacher. I spent 6 years as a AO/ EOD and rebreather instructor, I got out when I met my wife and after years of trying to have a kid we finally had my son Levi. He's two years old now and is a real hoot to have around-- I think we'll keep him.

Anyways, I'm completely addicted to 1911's and precision long range shooting (not the bench rest type though), and have been for a while. We live about 10 minutes from a free out-door range so I'm lucky enough to go whenever the itch occurs (about twice a week).

Here are a few of my babies:

PT1911, Wilson Combat CQB, Springfield Armory Loaded Combat, Terry Tussey Custom P14.

Bushmaster with ACOG

My CCW carry P228

2 Reminton 700 with ACIS stocks-- .308 with Nikon Tact 2.5-10x, the other is a .300 WM with a S&B scope.

Remington VSF 700 with another Nikon Tactical 2.5-10X

I have more... but I'm only allowed to post 4 pictures.

Anyways this place seems like a nice place. Thanks for your time and I look forward to learning from you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how that piece of crap HK (I hate that rifle--destroys brass and is a pain to clean) got in there I meant to post this:

Bushmaster with ACOG

While I'm at it here is my CCW carry:

worn and beaten but still a great gun.

Here's my comp rig:

Comp-Tac belt, holster, and mag pouches.

Thank you guys for the warm welcome-- I became a Premium Member yesterday, but I guess it takes awhile to show as such -- I didn't want anyone to think I was freeloading on the bandwidth.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Looks like you have quite a nice collection going there. Looking forward to your contributions to the forum.

JD

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a ACOG 4x32 TAO1 it's about ten years old and is as bright as when I bought it. You can see the NSN # on the side ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
My bad, I quick glanced it... You're right... I didn't see the tube so I assumed.

And, I'm the cheapass with a Barska scope...lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it works who cares-- I was single when I got it, otherwise I'd still have iron sights :D .

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my new SA back from the factory today (9 days from the day I sent it back to them) and installed some new grips from Sarge.

It feels so light-- I'm certainly not used to it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts