JP Enterprises: Experiences? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Dillinger, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Soooooooooooo. I was doing some web surfing on a Saturday afternoon and started revisiting the thought of an AR-10 project in .260 Remington. :eek:

JP Rifles

Anyone have any direct experience or thoughts?

JD

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

JP stuff is outstanding. Everything they offer is premium quality.

My shooting partner used one of their 16" mid length lightweight 1/8s on a recent build and it is a dream to shoot.

3. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I think you need one to compliment your Nighthawk. I also think I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

"But dad! I want a billet upper and lower receiver!":mad::(

4. WDB

WDB New Member

I have to ask why not .308?

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Your not going to build your own? :( Of course that JP rifle is pretty sweet though :D

6. russ

russ New Member

I know they are pretty popular in 3-gun circles. And while I don't have any large parts from them, the few small parts I do have are top notch.

FWIW, I still think you should get a MEGA MA-TEN matched upper and lower and build the whole thing from scratch.
    [​IMG]

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Now that's what I'm talking about! :D Thanks to Cane I used their match set for my 458 build. I'm so happy with it that they are on my very short list for a new Ar10 build. ;)

8. TBass

TBass New Member

I just recently purchased a rifle from JP. Here are a few things that shocked me about them:

1) When I called I spoke to someone that was very knowledgeable and legitimately was looking to spec. out a rifle to what I wanted. Not what they personally wanted or thought was best.

2) The person gave me the Pro’s and Con’s of each choice.
    3) They quoted me a lead time… and for the first time in my life I actually got a custom (or in this case) a semi-custom gun in the time that I was quoted.

I have since shot the rifle and it shoots far better than expected. Enclosed is my 150 yard grouping…. Please keep in mind that I do not profess to be a good shot and I speculate in capable hands this rifle could shoot better.

There is one major problem that I have heard about JP Rifles and I am finding it to be true. Once you buy one apparently you get something called the “JP Bug”; whereby, you feel as though you need to buy another one. As of today, it does appear that I have caught this bug. It is my understanding that the only remedy for this bug is to buy another one… I will let you know shortly if this cures the problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

What he said. ^^ :cool:

I have heard positve feedback from some of my "real world experienced" acquaintances on their assemblies and rifles. ;)

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have a very nice .308 boltgun. It shoots well into the sub moa category, is designed for urban needs already and the .308 round really is a 600-650 yard round. Without cranking in crazy elevation and doing math for a moonshot, it's not a long range round. And I am kind of bored with it ballistically. :eek:

Thought about DIY, but then thought I might just like to look around and see what is available. The JP comes with a unique left hand side charging handle that I really like and other than their barrel choice, everything else is top shelf.

I haven't decided on anything, but this .260 in an AR platform has been haunting me and I don't have a weapon in the build stage right now other than Project Taurus and that is already sold once I complete it. :cool:

So I was just, you know, wondering and stuff. *whistling inconspicuously*