Joke Forum?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by nwrednk, Sep 11, 2010.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I was going to say “Dewey, Cheatem and Howe”. I think that is from the Three Stooges.

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

My son -in-law sent this to me but everything was positive except COVID-19. I thought it was real. :oops:

W.T. Sherman likes this.

3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

yep it is :D though I doubt that anybody under the age of 40-50 will get that reference joke

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

And the older ones cant remember.

5. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Not hypocrisy, just getting a small portion of my own money back. A little different than taking my money and giving it to people who won't work. I am very much in favor of helping people who can't work, that is basic humanity. People who won't work are a different issue, and I have a deadbeat brother who is among that group. I don't expect you or anybody else to support him.

That said, I think this "stimulus" is misguided. Instead of throwing money around it should be targeted. First the states unemployment systems should be bolstered, most states unemployment pays 50/60 percent of your gross. That needs to be raised 80/85 percent only for the duration of this catrastrophy. That way most prudent families won't incur to much debt in the next few months.

Second there should be a fund setup that pays 100 percent of regular pay to people in essential businesses who have been exposed in the course of doing their jobs, and have to be quarantined for 2 weeks. Medical people, first responders, etc.

Third, certain businesses need help. Airlines for example, we will need them to be viable after this ends. But there needs to be limits, first if you accept a bailout, absolutely no bonuses for middle and upper level management this year OR NEXT. Second no stock buy backs. Can be used to service debt, but interest only, not principle. Probably ought to be more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Giving me $1200 is a good thing because it is my money, I paid way more than that in taxes last year. But I am a truck driver, I will be working a lot until this is over or I catch it. That money could be better targeted to hard working people who lost their job through no fault of their own, and will return to work at the first opportunity, not people who will milk the "crisis" for all it's worth.

Also if a democrat did it, it would mostly go to deadbeats and illegal aliens, not people who work hard and have had their livelyhood taken away by a government mandate.

Billy9mm, JTJ, ellis36 and 2 others like this.
  6. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

nice try, but your analogy failed miserably, but thanks for playing. that tax you paid has already been allocated and spent, what you will be getting standing in line with everyone else with your hand out is borrowed money. putting the country deeper and deeper in debt more then it already is. the US doesn't have a surplus, it's been operating in the red for quite a long, long time now

you don't see it, but this 2 trillion dollar handout is going to come and bite everyone in the a$$, and it's not going to be pretty. but hey, as long as you get your 1200 bucks that cool

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    primer1 likes this.
  7. Oaktree45

Oaktree45 Well-Known Member

President Trump's Enforcer of Social Distancing.

90783244_10221257159995686_4524039544235884544_n.jpg

8. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

9. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

10. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 8.39.49 AM.png

PHILADELPHIA, PA—In an effort to make their candidate seem relevant, the Biden

campaign has announced a new podcast that will be available exclusively on vinyl.

Every week, Biden will release short soundbite updates that will be pressed on 45s,

while his longer, feature-length podcast will be on full-size 33-1/3 records.

AZdave, Mister Dave and JerrBear48 like this.
  11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

12. xring3

xring3 Well-Known Member

13. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Thing is Trump's money is going to taxpayers with the exception of some liberal pork. Obama's stimulus went to failed green projects, remember Solyndra? The rest went to his buddies at the unions which in turn gave much of it to the DNC surprise, surprise. Obama himself admitted it was all [​IMG]when he said there never were any shovel ready jobs.

Sniper03 likes this.
  14. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Wait until you see Pelosi and Companies new planned round four Stimulus Plan!:rolleyes:
    PORK - PORK - PORK! Nothing to do with helping those who need help who have lost their jobs at no fault of theirs.;) But no let's play politics. Of course they being millionaires do we really think they give a Da*** about us or anybody? That simply is a Ruse! ;)
    Three of my kids are laid off now. So lets help those who need assistance and throw the PORK projects out the window for a change when we have a National Pandemic going on effecting good people and their families! So I have no use or good things to say about their crooked political games and crap!
    As their POS Moto: Never Let a Crisis Go To Waste! IMO They are simply the SCUM of the Earth!;) I would wish the wrath of God upon them!

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

First of all, I like pork.
    [​IMG]

Secondly, THIS IS THE JOKE THREAD.

Lighten up, Francis.

16. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I want, I want. Man I think I have some bacon in the freezer.

AZdave and ellis36 like this.