Joined the XD Legion today.

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by BenLuby, Mar 7, 2012.

1. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Old friend left this to me when he went to ground.

[​IMG]

Took it to the range. First time I've gotten to go in a looong time. Set it at 25 meters and popped of 50 rounds.
    Here's the results:

[​IMG]

I've gotta admit. That XD 9 is a goat. It'll eat anything you put in it and won't even hiccup. Not one misfire, and the off shots were my fault for jerking the trigger.
    This, as soon as I find a good holster, will be my primary from now on. It is, in my opinion, superior to quite a few other weapons, and I can think of no gun in it's price range I'd rather have.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Sorry for your loss-

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Appreciate it. Sad to say, but one was long overdue. Bedridden for nearly two years, and just went. He's better off.

My question, for those of you who use the XD 9? I'm now in the hunt for a good IWB leather holster for it. Any suggestions?

4. kilo7

kilo7 New Member

Sad circumstances, but I think the XD will serve you well. I love my XDm, it's my "go to" gun.

5. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Optics planet will help you find a holster, but do you want leather or carbon fiber or kydex? That's a great piece, I'm also sorry to hear about your friend.

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Appreciated. Truthfully, I've always went with leather before, because I live in Georgia, and it is hot normally, which makes the leather work better, but I am open to any quality holster that will work with my nine and be comfortable, but not hindering access.

7. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

Both me and my wife carry our XDm's in a Galco Kingtuk holster. It is adjustable and all day comfortable and concealable. It is the same holster for the XD as it is the XDm. You can get one for around $55 here. It's an AZ company and they make a good product. It's a leather back with a kydex pouch for hold.

Also in doing some retention drills with it the gun locks up in the holster if someone from behind you tries to pull it out, its a nice bonus. I didn't see anything in the documentation that used that as a selling point. Smooth as silk other than that. I use the holster for IDPA as well as carry it has been great so far. A hell of a lot better than the blade tech I started with.

8. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Appreciate the information. Seems they have several very nice holsters.

9. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Ben, you're alive?!!!!!! HOLY BLEEP! What's up buddy?!!!

10. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Sorry for your loss man.

But welcome to the XD world.

11. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Georgia huh? Don't happen to be anywhere near Ringgold do ya? GT's has a wide selection of holsters for the XD as well. I just happen to be lucky enough to live close to GT's so I am in there pretty often.

12. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Heh. You're way north of me. I'm west of Hotlanta, in Douglasville.

13. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

They have a website as well but if you have the cash to spend its well worth the drive up here to check that place out. Its on the Ga Tn line and its about 10 min of the interstate.

14. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Had my xd9sc in a holster for last 18 months. Similar yet less expensive than crossbreed.

Very very comfortable Iwb.

15. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

In a kholster tuckable . Stupid phone.