Joined the Navy

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JiroZero713, Jan 28, 2009.

1. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

It's no longer joining my friends.

I am now in the DEP program and will leave for Basic Training in December 1st.....I wanted earlier but the reason why I'm shipping so late is as follows

Welp I've been gone lately guys for a bunch of reasons. One working out to a weight of 174 pounds which put me right under 175 for the Navy....and then going down to the ftastic MEPS center.

F that place.

Anyway I made an 81 on my ASVAB test which is excellent since the average and the value to pass in 35-36 I believe.

This also qualified me for my dream job....in the back of my head I was thinking about this one but was aiming lower.

Advanced Electronics/Computer Field

I have two jobs that are basically the same but different functions

One is ET or Electronics Technician which handles radar, communication, and navigation equipment.

Or FC which is Fire Controlman which handles the weapons systems.

Meaning in FC which is probably what I'm going to go for....means I'm going to be the guy behind the Weapons Systems on the Bridge of the ship with the Captain. I'm going to be Lieutenant Warf basically.

[​IMG]

I'm really excited because of my high scores I got put in a job that will accelerate me into officer's status quite easily from all the college education they are going to through at me. I'm going to make sure I get a Bachelor's so I can be promoted to an officer and I'm going to aim for 20 years to serve my country and if not that I can easily get a job as an electrician when I get out which would give me a VERY solid job.

2. bkt

bkt New Member

Congrats! And thank you for your (impending) service to our country.

3. JiroZero713

Yep Yep.

I've just got to keep the weight off and work out a helluva lot more. The Navy used to not be so stricted on weight but now they are so PT is real big....one thing I'm worried about....I hate I'm going in December to Chicago for Basic since it will be ****ing freezing...but I had to do that for my brother's Wedding.

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw[/ame]

Good luck and thanks for serving.

5. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Begin workouts 6 days a week without fail (lots of cardio). You will be light years ahead of your shipmates in basic training.

Welcome to the military fraternity. Serve well, and with honor.

6. user4

user4 New Member

Don't forget to tell us what nasty thing they make you do when you cross the equator...and then again after you cross the international time zone...and then when you enter a new sea... I hear the initiations can be brutal.

7. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

So you want to fast track. good

Congrats, and thank you. Now look hard at the Naval nuke program. Sub service, and you will probably see CPO in 7 to 8 years. But when you get out every nuke power company in the country will bust their butt to hire you in the 6 figure range. Ask my Son who is now a instructor at the Nuke program in Charleston SC. I will PM you his phone number if you want to talk to him. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITTING. RECRUITERS WILL B/S YOU BLIND. FACT.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  8. JiroZero713

Well I was thinking the Nuke Program but you know I'm not sure....i've already signed up for the job I just mentioned.

Are you saying try and transfer to that job later? I didn't qualify for it as I asked the Job Consular

9. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

You wnat his phone number? I'll call him and tell him you are going to call.

Up to you. and you can take the test again.

10. BPond

BPond New Member

Congratulations, and mad props for the photo of Lt. Worf!:p:D

11. JiroZero713

I'm fine right now man. I thank you very much though.

This is my dream job. I didn't think from the start I would qualify for it.

I wanted to be on a bridge of a ship and that's what this job will do me. So I'm fine with this.

12. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

Great

Remain confident, and stick with the workouts. go for it young man.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  13. JiroZero713

Will do. I'll probably work out for about an hour or so a day using a Gazelle and do 50-100 situps and pushups.

14. bobbyb13

bobbyb13 New Member

We are pround of you.

I hope to hear reports of your progress in your chosen career. After basic of course. Salute.

15. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

Hey Jiro, Try X-Box Pt. Every time you die or go to a loading screen or what have you, do 20 push ups or sit ups. A half an hour a day and you will feel it. You can do hundreds of them in a relatively short time. Also every morning and evening do two minutes of both. Don't cheat yourself. You will also notice an improvement. The more you hurt now, the less you will later. Good luck.

16. Kent E

Kent E New Member

Congrats! ...And please, while on the bridge, don't wear tire chains as a sash and smear peanut butter on your forehead.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  17. JiroZero713

Since I'm 5'7'' that's the weight limit for me. But as I've noticed the more weight I lose (since I am overweight def) I grow a few CM as I stand up straighter and such. I'll probably be by Dec 1st 10-20 pounds under my weight requirment. The Body to Fat ratio needs to be 25% if I'm over though so even if I become really muscular as long as I'm under 25% I will also be fine...which won't be a problem.

18. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Hey congrats to you and thanks for your future service in advance. On a side note you leave the day before my 36th birthday, so I will drink many cerveza's for you.:D

19. JiroZero713

Just don't get drunk to much. I don't want to be DUI reason number uno.

j/k j/k

20. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Lol I have 3 kids under the age of 4, maybe a few days in jail is what I need to finally get some rest:D Lol If I drink its at home.