Joined a gun club

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by wieseman71, Aug 18, 2013.

1. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

I joined the eastern nebraska gun club about two months ago. I absolutely love this place it's about 40 min from my house and I've been out there every weekend since I joined. It costs $120 per year and my ammo stash is shrinking fast. The first picture is a 600 meter range, the second is 50, 100, 200 & 300 yard range the third picture is a skeet range the forth picture is 100 yard range and the rest are pistol bays . Ther are 7 pistol bays total and there building 7 more. My wife and any one under 18 gets in free, over 18 and its $5 for a guest pass that's still pretty cheap . I can take 3 guests at a time I plan on taking some neighbors and coworkers shooting, hopefully to change there minds about firearms.

Attached Files:

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Paper targets only, or do they let you hammer stuff?

3. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

No glass but metal is ok. And all ammo up .50bmg is allowed . Plus two of the pistol bays are for full auto and bump fire.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

Very nice looking place. Very reasonable rates too. I'm glad you're gonna be bringing some friends and coworkers. That's the best way to win the fight: convert people who are on the fence to our side!

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Nice looking place. Been wanting to check out a club about 30 miles from me. Have not bothered because of ammo prices, but might make a nice Christmas present for myself.

6. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

You should do it, it's well worth it. I was taking my wife and son to the bullet hole a indoor range. It cost $8 per person per half hour, and they put us on the same lane. So it was actually $8 per 10 min per person. An hour cost us $50 plus targets that's almost half a year membership at the ENGC. Plus there open dusk to dawn 365 , my son and I have plans to be there Christmas morning at dusk, going to start a new tradition!!!!!

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

That would be an excellent tradition.

8. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

There's a club about 5 minutes from my house, I just don't have the funds to join... maybe some day

9. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

If you can do it I would. I've known about this place for over a year, just kept puttin it off and now I want to kick myself in the arse for all the money and time wasted in the bullet hole!!!

10. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I have a new born, every spare penny I get finds a place to go pretty quick

11. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

When ammo gets more available, I will check them out. I want a place I can practice drawing and firing my handgun. This club is $500 a year, but if you are a member, they have very cheap shotgun/carbine classes, so may well be worth it.

12. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

Congrats on the little one!!!! Mine is 14 and he has the same interests as me, it's great to go shooting , hunting, car shows and watch football together. I'm sure when he can drink well get into some trouble together as we'll, unless mom comes along....

13. wieseman71

wieseman71 New Member

Can you get in as a guest to check it out before you become a member. The place I go to has weekend matches. It's free for the public to come and watch and once a year they have a free hunter sight in your weapon weekend.

14. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Thank you sir, she's only about 2 1/2 months so I have a while to wait but I'm Def hoping to turn her into a Lil shooter