Jimenez arms?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by gearhead396, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Just found a gun dealer down here (south texas) who has a bunch of Jimenez arms assorted calibers and sizes for really cheap. I can tell by holding it its obviously not the best fire arm to say the least. Any one know how they preform?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

potmetal junk! that's why they are cheap. go ahead and buy you a couple of them. they will make you a good CC pistol!:rolleyes:

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ[/ame]

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I would recommend you do google search on it, might change your mind. I found that they are a money maker when you turn them in at a Police Gun Buyback. I get them for $30 to $50 and turn them in for a $100 grocery gift card. What a deal.

5. ScottA

Now that's classic.

6. Axxe55

then i was mistaken! they are worth more than you pay for them that way!:eek:

good one Chuck!:D

7. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

theyre really good for removing those pesky extra fingers you dont need :D

Attached Files:

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

DONT DO IT! bryco/jennings/jiminez firearms are probably the most "or close to it" horrible firearms ever produced. It doesnt matter if they cost 25¢ each, walk away. Every firearm with the above mentioned names should be melted

10. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I doubt anyone who made a post in this thread has ever owned or even fired a Jimenez firearm. I have a JA-22 I have shot thousands of times without any trouble other than a firing pin breaking. Jimenez has far better service than most gun manufacturers. My Ja-22 is as accurate as any gun on the market with a 1.75" barrel. Compared to a kel tec P-11 or P-3AT it is like shooting a target pistol. I own both the P-11 and P-3AT. I would bet the JA-22 will hold it's own with a ruger LCP. I am one of the biggest Ruger fanboys on earth.

Edit: I can not recommend buying Jimenez firearm larger than a 22. A hi point would be a much better choice for larger calibers.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  11. Axxe55

actually i had a couple of the old Jennings 25 acp pistols years ago. same pistol, made by the same family under a different name. they were junk years ago, and from what i have seen and heard, nothing has changed, other than the name. i handled a couple of different one last year, NIB at the pawn shop, same cheap feeling pistol. funny they wanted $139 NIB, and i gave about $49 for each of the two i bought over 25 years ago. inflation i guess!

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have owned one thank you very much, whenever they were jennings bryco. It was a POS throw away gun and one day decided to go fully auto on me,it has been at the bottom of my pond for over a decade now.

"jiminez has far better service than most gun manufactures" hahaha

By all means, go by them all PLEASE

13. ScottA

I don't have to have owned a Yugo in order to tell you it's a piece of crap.

14. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I didn't own one but I did shoot one and the top of the slide cracked, it was a .380 and looked lightly used when my friend bought it. Never and I very seldom say never, will I fire a Jennings again.

15. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

^^^^^^^Bingo^^^^^

16. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Damn, I must be charmed to get good service from several items that are slammed on the internet. :rolleyes:

17. Axxe55

even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while. i'm glad you have had good luck with them, but i wouldn't trust one, from my own experiance with them.

18. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Funny thing is when you go to http://mouseguns.com/ the Jimenez gets good reviews by independent owners. But they get slammed in internet forums. Could be the sheep effect. People make posts to be popular instead of informative.

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Dude your in the wrong place if your calling us sheep, these guns are very well known for catastrophic failures and i know this first hand,so you can keep your awesome jiminez and your smartass comments.....we dont want them

20. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

With all due respect prove it. There has only been one judgement against the companies mentioned here. A guy in CA shot his kid in the face with one decocking it by pulling the trigger. Now if all these failures had happened there would be more than one judgement.

Only sheep slander a companies products without proof.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimenez_Arms

If you all come to your senses I can tell you how to make Jimenez pistols run as good as most pistols on the market. They are more accurate than other pistols the same size (1 7/8" barrel). I have a decent charter 38 I won off a prison shrink and a guard. I took the charter in lieu of $100 cash. One was shooting a P-3AT. The other a ruger lcp. I would not say this unless it was true. I am the one of the biggest ruger fanboy on earth. I own 4 ruger pistols and a 10/22.

Otherwise I am just going to prove you to be wrong or malicious.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.