Jeweled barrel Kimber

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Kimber034, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Kimber034

Kimber034 New Member

Hey guys, I finally got my hands on a Kimber custom 2 stainless. The gun is beautiful and has yet to have any jams or problems after 1000 rounds. The gun looks great and I don't want to do much expect put some night sights, s and a magwell, and get my barrel and guide rod jeweled.

Does anyone have any experience and knowledge on the best way to go about getting my barrel and guide rod jeweled? Also open for any other suggestions of customizing on the Kimber.

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Here is a photo of one of my custom 1911s that I had the barrel hood jeweled on. Picture doesn't do it justice. It looks really slick in person and you rarely see a 1911 with a jeweled barrel.

[​IMG]

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Actually, it's a beautiful pistol, but I can't see the barrel in the photo. Nor can I understand why somebody would get a guide rod jewelled.....please help me understand.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

You can't see the barrel hood in the photo? I didn't have the full barrel jeweled, just the part that you see through the ejection port on the slide. I didn't jewel the guide rod either, so I couldn't answer that.

5. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Just what the man wants to do.

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

A beautiful 1911, you sir have nice firearms.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

The OP was talking about getting his barrel and guide rod jewelled.

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Ah-ha. I must have skimmed over the guide rod part. I've seen it done but it seems a little overkill to me since you only see the rod when you're locked open empty. And I don't use FLGRs on my guns so I don't see the rod at all. But whatever floats the OP's boat.

9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thank you!

10. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

That is a very nice firearm!

11. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

Great gun you have there. Congrats! Good luck with all your upgrades