Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a run of refinishing CZ 75's, in several variations, I've moved on to a very similar pistol, called the Jericho 941F. The F being full frame version, with a frame mounted safety. It is marked Made in Israel, IMI. So this is a pre IWI pistol. I believe most of the parts were made by Tanfogilo, shipped to Israel, and assembled. Many of the parts are similar to the CZ. In comparison, the Jericho uses roll pins in many spots, where the CZ uses a solid pin. The Jericho roll pins are greater diameter, so while many the parts look the same, the mounting holes on the Jericho are larger. I think the CZ parts could be drilled to work? Disassembly will show that there are many differences. The magazine brake is the same, as are the slide stop spring and pin. Grip screws too. The new CZ SP-01 tactical 18 round mags work in the Jericho. The 16 round CZ 75 do not. New mags for the Jericho run $25 from Zahal.org in Israel. I ordered 4 and got free shipping. I just finished a parkerizing job, which was the original finish. I'm waiting for new grips. Interesting, that new IMI grip panels are available from Numrich at only $11. When I get to the range I will post an update and some pictures. The machine work on the Jericho is just as good as the old CZ 75's. Even better I think. I also have another in 941FS. The S being semi compact. It has the shorter barrel, but same grip size, using the same mags as the F version.

·
Banned
16,157 Posts
The Jericho 941 series are some very excellent pistols. Very well made and decently accurate. They never got as popular as some other brands, but still they have their own cult following. I would feel comfortable owning a Jericho pistol. Sad thing is, just hardly ever see them in my area very often for sale.

Reactions: EclecticShooter

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I used to own a very low serial number 941 that came as a cased set with both slides, barrels etc to swap from 9mm to .41 AE ( the reason for the original model designation). It was a very nice gun and the cost was WAY below what you were getting. Alas the death of the .41 AE made me question keeping the setup and I sold it to a very appreciative collector a few years later. My recollection is that it was a VERY accurate and reliable gun.

·
Banned
16,157 Posts
I had a co-worker that had a couple of them and got the opportunity to shoot his. I was very impressed with them. the decent accuracy, and how well made they were. IMO, damned good pistols.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts