Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this Thursday last week and got it on the range today. Unfortunately, I was not shooting paper today, but just working steel plates so I do not have a target to show yet. But this pistol was dinging steel and making me look good (if anyone had actually been watching). So, here is the specs and my thoughts.

This is the steel frame model chambered in 9mm. Barrel is 4.4” and polygonal rifling. It is da/sa action with safety mounted on the left side of the frame similar to 1911 position. The da pull is tough at almost 11.5 pounds, but the sa pull is crisp with a little take up and breaks at 3.75 lbs. The da pull feels almost like you are overcoming a cam at first and then seems to easily move the last half. I can hit with the da trigger, but I cannot say I like it. It’s not gritty, but it is not a consistent pull. The sa trigger is very good. The safety is easy to disengage with my shooting hand thumb, but the shape of the safety makes it difficult to engage unless I use my support hand.

The gun comes with two steel 16 round mags that function perfectly and eject freely. The gun will accept CZ 75 mags. (I have not verified that yet)

The ergonomics are excellent with the possible exception that the grip panels are really smooth, a little more texture would be better, especially with sweaty hands when it is warm. The pistol feels good in the hands…nice balance. Sights are good, drift adjustable. Mine is shooting pretty much dead on out of the box.

Fit and finish is very good overall. The slide to frame fit is really good with no real play, but extremely smooth.

On the range it performed really well. I did a thorough clean and lube before shooting it. I had no failures of any kind while shooting 185 rounds. I shot some Fiocchi 115 round nose. The rest were my own loads shooting some 124 Golden Sabers, 115 Gold Dot, and 115 Berry’s round nose. Everything functioned perfectly and I was able to keep the steel singing. The weight (2.2 lbs.) made recoil very light. This pistol is fun to shoot, and so far very reliable.

Take down is simple. Like CZ pistols, simply line up the two lines on frame and slide on the left rear side, and push the push the slide stop lever out. Then the slide comes right off and the barrel and recoil spring can be easily lifted out for cleaning.

I like this gun a lot! It ejects brass about 15 ‘, but in a nice pile. I am going to talk to the folks at MCarbo about a different hammer spring; I have heard their CZ75 spring kit hammer spring works. This pistol is well worth the money in my opinion.

Font Air gun Rectangle Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice AW. That is a very high pull for DA but it will probably come down a bit with more shooting. I very much like steel frame guns in 9mm . I plan on getting one but am not sure which I want. CZ was on the top of the list but I’ve been looking at others.
I am still considering adding a CZ75…good pistols! The Jericho is just one of those pistols I wanted to get for a while now. I am pretty happy, and I agree the trigger will likely improve with use. Gonna have some fun shooting it to get it broke in good.

CZ 97 is next on my radar…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts