Jeez, stupid

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by NGIB, Apr 15, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

While I don't spend a lot of time on the local GA 2A forum much anymore, I do still lurk and see what's happening. The main reason I "left" is that it's really gotten "us vs them" regarding LEOs and the tin foil hat crowd has taken over. The topic of OC vs CC happens frequently, and a lot of these toolboxes demand we should all OC for the political impact "to help our cause".

Anyway, this one is about one of the most stupid acts I've heard about lately. The really funny part is there's a number of posts in the thread thinking this fella did good. The section of the forum this was posted in is "LEO Encounters" and contains a lot of posts about "jack booted thugs" harassing "law abiding citizens". The OP is a local LEO (that has no problems with folks carrying either OC or CC):

2. Car54

Car54 New Member

They are trying to provoke action by LEO's so they can be hailed as "hero's for the cause" in an attempt to embarrass law enforcement as a whole.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You are absolutely correct. Personally, I think this fellas permit should be revoked for sheer stupidity. After 2 posters supported this blithering idiot's behavior, here was my comment:

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Just one more reply that I find hilarious and sad at the same time. This guy is attacking me for saying the idiot's permit should be pulled:

So an armed idiot is OK with these folks and nothing should be done until they prove they are a danger - I guess that means they have to accidentally shoot someone?

5. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

You get morons in the enthusiast communities for everything, and they cast the whole community in a bad light, but what these retards just don't understand is that we've got more to lose than your average hobbyists. Anyone immature and stupid enough to brandish their gun (And that's definitely the term for what happened. I applaud the LEO's restraint.) at a ******* LEO should have it taken away on grounds of mental disability.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The "lack of common sense bandwagon" is getting pretty full these days.

7. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

That's why I call it "uncommon sense!"

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

This fool has a Concealed Carry Permit and brandished a weapon, intentionally. Pull his license to carry concealed for one year, during which time he is on probation and any unlawful act from j-walking to spitting in public and the suspension is for life!

Although, if there was no carry law, just 2A, this wouldn't have happened!!

This type of behavior does give a bad name to every citizen who carries responsibly!!

9. orangello

orangello New Member

That just seems incredibly stupid. When i see an LEO & i look or smell like i might have been involved in a questionable activity, i casually leave the area without drawing attention to myself (OK, pretty much anytime i see an officer). It seems masochistic to provoke a response.
    :confused:

10. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

That officer should have arrested the dude on the spot for brandishing. "Hey, he kept showing his weapon, I thought he was about to rob the place!"

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Some people have penile deficits. Maybe we should implement an FTF Penile Augmentation fund...?

12. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Can I get in on that?

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I simply do not get OC?
    I do not understand why anyone would put that target on there back?
    I do not understand why anyone would seek a confrontation?
    I do not understand why anyone would would take actions like these that server to push the sheeple away rather than win them over?

I'm open to enlightenmet if anyone out there can explain the logic of these types of actions...

Tack

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Some people feel the same way about carrying a gun. Some feel that way about even owning a gun!

We can't open carry here, but I would if it were legal. Probably only in certain places though.

This idiot in question was clearly looking for a confrontation to make himself some sort of legal gun martyr. What he accomplished was proving that he is not mature or responsible enough to even own a firearm. lose lose :eek:

15. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

When dumbasses like the one described in the OP are allowed to carry-on in this manner, it just gives more ammo to the anti's for their cause. When will people see this? Well, we are talking about a dumbass.

16. Car54

Car54 New Member

And these are the same knuckleheads that are b**ching because more and more businesses are posting no guns allowed signs.

17. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

The guy was carrying concealed and kept pulling his shirt up to reveal he was carrying. That's way crazier than just open carrying in my book. He should have his permit taken away. If he wants to act like a damn thug he should do it somewhere else. Like prison.

18. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Just to add something I learned yesterday, this wasn't the young kid I assumed it would be. Many, many folks were defending this tool by saying he's young, naive, etc. The OP came back and posted that this was not a kid but a fella in his late 30s or early 40s.

Regardless of whether you OC or CC - you just don't play with your gun in public - it's plain stupid. (BTW, I carry both ways but mainly CC)...

19. Car54

Car54 New Member

Absolutely no doubt that he was trying to provoke an incident, having an array of patrons in the restaurant as potential witnesses.

20. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

Even worse if he was that old. He should know better.

When I open carry I have never faced a situation where I have had to touch my pistol. I stay condition yellow when open carrying and the times I am especially watchful is when I am in line somewhere and there are people all around me. I never place my hand on my firearm though. Unless there would be an immediate threat, such as someone trying to disarm me.

Here's a thread I am working on for those that are interested in open carry:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/things-think-about-before-you-open-carry-26013/