Jeep Bug-out Vehicle - off-road 4X4

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Marthor, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I traded in my car for a new Jeep Wrangler. One of the primary reasons was to have an off-road bug-out capability that I didn't have before. Pics and initial mods...

4X4 Trail Rated, trailer tow package, 32" tires, LSD rear axle...
    [​IMG]

Off-road 13" antennae
    [​IMG]

Rugged Ridge grab handles for all 4 doors
    [​IMG]

Trailer Hitch Cover... Jeep!
    [​IMG]

Custom Fit Weathertech Floormats
    [​IMG]

McGuard wheel lock on the bottom lug makes it less easy to steal the spare tire
    [​IMG]

Mopar Locking Gas Cap... to be installed
    [​IMG]

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Now you'll just spend all your money trying to make it into a Rubicon to be a truly off-road bug-out vehicle. Have fun with it!

I'll stick with my PowerWagon,it's a Jeep on steroids.

[​IMG]

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I'll go with a 60's or 70's model FSJ or International with no electronics to fry in an EMP burst! :D:D

4. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Nice Jeep. I had a CJ5 as a teenager and I still love jeeps to this day. Now I'm going to share a valuable lesson and saying that I learned when I was young. "All 4WD is for is to get you a couple of miles further in the woods before you get stuck!" :)

The one thing I would suggest you add is a wench. Don't worry anything else. :cool:

5. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I agree it is a very nice JEEP. I also agree about adding a wench, in fact a couple of wenches and a winch would be excellent additions! :D:D:eek::D:D

(sorry I couldn't resist!) :D

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I really don't worry about EMP's,if we ever have to bug out,there will be bigger things to worry about. Besides,If that happens,I'll just throw a saddle on one of the 4 legged jeeps,and if things get really bad,at least I can eat them.

Yeah,If you plan on doing any serious off roading,you really need to at least have a front winch,and front/rear lockers as well as plenty of gear to use with the winch-straps/ground anchors/high lift jack/and on board air compressor.

7. Marthor

Marthor New Member

8. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Still got the same Honda Shadow from 2009, it'll probably kick the bucket when I do.

9. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

That is highly dependent on the terrain. Sounds like you like to play around in Moab.

10. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Beautiful!!!!! I'm gonna upgrade my KK to a 4 door wrangler in a couple of years. Have to add the rear facing bench seat on to it to have enough room for 2 car seats and a couple of older kids as well.

11. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

12. TLuker

TLuker New Member

You're not going to want to go on trails with that Jeep. All trails do is end up scratching the paint, tearing stuff up, and costing you a lot money. Even if your jeep was set up just for difficult trails. If you don't mind changing broken axles then go ahead (I've been there done that). So the wench isn't really for you to use. It is there just in case you ever had to go off road. It is insurance basically. :)

13. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Nice trade!

Great Jeep color as well...

Our Rubicon in Big Bend.

She navigated Black Gap Road with nary a scratch! VERY competent off road, even bone-stock!

Attached Files: