"Jaw dropping" gun cleaning product?!

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Dearhunter, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I was at a gun show last weekend. While looking around I see a guy at a dealer display sticking a LIGHTED drop light in a glass bucket full of liquid and unscrewing the bulb then screwing the bulb back in until it came back on under the fluid. He then takes a electric drill (plugged in) sticks it in the fluid and turns it on. Both times he is holding all this stuff bare handed under the fluid. THIS GOT MY ATTENTION!!
    It is a product called STRIKE-HOLD. It is a gun cleaner and lubricate plus many other uses.

Have any of you come across this product and used it??

I bit for it and bought a 8oz bottle. It is also available on line.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

So what does it do :confused:
    I cud really care less that it doesn't conduct electricity----

3. NotMormon

NotMormon Member

This makes complete sense if you normally clean your guns while holding a drop light and a bucket full of water and were scared of being zapped.....or you are thinking of a way to bath, make delicious toast, dry your hair, shave, blend some drinks, cut some lumber, grind down a new blade and clean your shooters at the same time. C'mon man!!! Have you not ever heard of multi-tasking?

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Opps= Never thought about that :eek: :p
    Forgot to ask---Did your jaw drop at anytime :confused:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  5. Drriley

Drriley New Member

That's the same demo they used when WD40 1st came out..

6. Vincine

Vincine New Member

I don't understand. What does it being non-conductive have to do with cleaning guns?

7. BillyHart

BillyHart New Member

How well does it lubricate.

8. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

So it has the same properties as mineral oil...

9. BillyHart

BillyHart New Member

I saw the same thing I just did not see anything on how well it lubricates.

10. labotomi

labotomi New Member

And pure water.

Oil is used as a coolant and electrical insulator in the large substation transformers. Great for normal operation, but if there's a problem they make one hell of a fireball. I've seen one pulled through a concrete wall and fall on 30 inch diameter white hot carbon electrodes. There was no putting the fire out, just get everyone out and let it burn.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  11. labotomi

labotomi New Member

I'm not surprised at him not getting shocked, but I am surprised the bulb didn't shatter due to thermal shock when the hot bulb was suddenly put in room temperature liquid (I'm assuming it was an incandescent light)

12. Midnite1602

Midnite1602 New Member

Tried a new product called FIRECLEAN Check it out It works great Look on YouTube or their we site

Midnite