Jarhead in Jonesboro

Discussion in 'Arkansas Gun Forum' started by imajarhed, May 20, 2012.

1. imajarhed

imajarhed New Member

Just found the forum and thought I would drop in on y'all.

A little about myself...

I'm a disabled Marine w/ GWI. During my stay in the Corps, I participated in Operation Desert Shield/Storm. I was an [0351] anti-tank assualtman (primary) / [8531] marksmanship instructor (secondary) but my main function was weapons custodian in the armory.

After 9/11, I went to work in Nuclear Security and an opportunity arose for me to find myself as a member of a Special Operations Team traveling to nuclear power generating facilities around the country helping them develop their defensive strategy and identify weaknesses in their infrastructure.

I intend to acquire my FFL and am considering milling 80% lowers and assembling (manufacturing) AR's with my vast quantity of time to squander. Hopefully I will be able to sell enough to fund my hobby if all goes well so I can enhance my personal collection.

Clear front sight tip on center mass when the trigger is "squozed" usually gets good results with the right DOPE.

imajarhed

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Welcome to FTF, and thank you for your service, and sacrifices. They are truly appreciated here.

As for the FFL, there are many people here that can help you. We have a lot of FFL holders, experts, and gunsmiths that would not hesitate to help you.

3. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

welcome to the forum

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

WELCOME!!

Marines are always welcomed here. And the same for any other member of the service.

5. tri70

tri70 New Member

Welcome! Good to others from around the state!

6. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Welcome to the forum brother, Semper Fi

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Welcome to FTF, thank you for your service.

8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Welcome, I'm moving to Jonesboro in a month. Maybe we can go to the range some time.

Linuxuser3690 is also a resident on Jonesboro. The two of us go to the range at Paragould and shoot. Time to make plans lol

9. krzywolf

krzywolf New Member

Welcome to the forum Jarhead In Jonesboro,I am also from Jonesboro, Are u originally from here? and kryptar19 glad to hear u will be moving here in a month and good luck to u, And maybe we all can get together and hit the range sometime.

10. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Me and krypt went to the range today. I wish I had known because you could have come along.

11. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Yea. Looks like we all got some schedualing to do. ;)

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Welcome to the forum brother. Semper Fi. Krypt you and some of the others need to come visit me sometime. I live bout an hour and a half from the line.....on the GOOD side of it;) just kidding guys.

13. imajarhed

imajarhed New Member

Thank you to all!
    krzywolf... yes I graduated from Nettleton. After the Corps, I made Tulsa and Central AR my AO til '05 when I came back to the old stomping grounds.
    I would like to hit the range sometime. I don't feel like getting out and about very often but breaking paper on occasion has been known to motivate me. I'm not a fan of the formality (and $) of the range anymore and sling rounds at a friend's house when I can. I sat through around 8000 rds/week between the rifle and pistol range while I was in and have since gotten used to not having to wait my turn.

14. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Well this is a public range that doesn't cost any money to shoot on. And all the waiting you will be doing is changing targets.

15. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Where are you at? All of the closest state lines are still a good half hour from where we are so...

16. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Welcome to the forum! I'm in heber springs. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

17. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I'm bout an hour north of the MO line.

18. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

Ok thought you were going to say like Mississippi or something that's quite a ways.

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Na. Griffin81 has met me.