Japanese Arisaka

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Trez, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I know I put this up here before, but now I made some ammo I thought I would put some better pictures up. :cool:
    Mines a Type 99 from Nagoya Arsenal made between 1937-1942 (I couldnt figure out a actual date), and it still has the mum!! :D The bayonet is the same era with the straight quillion, made by Toyko loom works under supervision of Nagoya...
    The ammo was made from old military .30-06, cut down and sized to 7.7 Jap.

Anybody else have a Arisaka that they shoot? Any thoughts, suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The ammo I made.... second pic shows 2 7.7 rds. I made. The last is comparing the 7.7 with the .30-60.

Attached Files:

3. m72law

m72law New Member

have ya shot it yet Trez? if so,hows it shoot?

4. Spitzerbullet

Spitzerbullet New Member

It's much easier to make ammo from 8x57 Mauser brass. You just neck it down to .311, load it up and shoot. It's a millimeter short but so what.

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Never heard that, but the rounds look similar.. I barely come across .30-06 brass let alone 8mm Mauser..... Thanks for the tip though :)

6. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

7. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Shot the Arisaka today and I definitely need more practice with it.... I like the sights and the action is one of the nicest ive ever shot on a old mil-surp, Waay better than a Mosin! I was shooting at 100 yds and kept hitting low... I dont even wanna show my target, its sad and embarrassing.. :eek: I did alot better with my ol' Winchester....