jammed

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by johnfs, Aug 25, 2012.

1. johnfs

johnfs New Member

new build fired for first time today 1st round fired and hit target but was stuck in chamber had to use rod to get it the sprayed chamber with breake free fired again next 38 rounds went fine exept had to forward assist 2 times
    mags i have are older dont seem warn is there anything i can do to mags to help them work of feed better any input will help thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Maybe I missed the memo, but I'm not seeing a mag problem. Sounds like they are getting into the chamber ok, just not closing the deal 100%.
    I'm assuming an AR15 of some sort? 5.56/.223?
    What kind of ammo? If your using steel cased ammo, try something else. If that fixes it, well there you go.

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

4. johnfs

johnfs New Member

ok ill try to get pics of chamber and sorry yes it is 556/223 ar the round that got stuck
    was one of these rounds they are wolf brand and they are painted green well brass is

Attached Files:

5. tacticalfun

Its not painted...its coated. Thats your issue. Try brass and get back to us

6. johnfs

johnfs New Member

i thought thats what it was only have 80 rounds of that left. picked pu this stuff at walmart of all places it comes on stripper clips just have figure those out

Attached Files:

7. tacticalfun

The tabs pull off . Grab the round and pull it out the end of the clip....like a sliding motion.

8. johnfs

johnfs New Member

i know that lol but they came with a mag adapter so you can load strip at a time
    right into mag

9. tacticalfun

Doesnt work very well.

10. johnfs

johnfs New Member

oh thaught it was me only ammo i ever used in army was boxed loose any way

11. tacticalfun

We take turns loading mags. I hate ittttt

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

actually the stripper clips and clip guides work extremely well. i use the edge of a hard object like a table top or something. in the army i used the buttstock of my m16 to ram the ammo in the mag. didnt care about scratching the stock up.

this vid shows how to use em a couple minutes in

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TTnVdD3hzw[/ame]

13. tacticalfun

Well ill be damned.

14. johnfs

johnfs New Member

thanks i was just abble to snug up the slack on adapter so it fit mags tighter and rounds push wright in

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

if you use the bare hand to push the bullets into the mag, at some point you will rip a good long chunk of skin off. wear gloves or use a object to do it. the butt of another magazine works too.