Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts
no, we don't sit back idlely and shut up or hope for the best. we join the NRA and use their voice to express our concerns. they have been at this battle for a long time and now how to speak for us.

yes we speak out, with facts and evidence that support our gun rights. we choose our choice of words carefully so they may not be used against us.

i actually believe in more of what James Yeager has to say than disagree with him, but his poor choice of expressing that viewpoint is what makes some btter suited to keeping their mouths shut and letting othrs do the talking.

now is still the time for reason and diplomacy. James Yeager clearly has neither.
The Left has had much success using a combination of rational sounding politicians in conjunction with a loud and vocal fringe. While the politicians rarely endorse the fringe...they NEVER contradict it...and there winning!

Perhaps it time for the Rational voice of the Right to be "complimented" by a similar..."do it or else"...attitude from us.

The "or else" regarding this topic is horrific but that does not make it any less real and All of our representatives should understand the stakes.

Calmly explaining the failed logic of gun control is quite obviously NOT working.

So your post prompted me to watch his video so I could develop my own opinion. Couple of thoughts......
Since the advent of YouTube everyone seems that any thought in their head should be public knowledge. Ironically these same individuals get upset when people send rebuttal emails or counter with their own YouTube videos. If we make our opinions public (like this forum) then you are subjecting yourself to other opinions.
As far as James's videos are concerned. I get that they guy is upset about all this gun banning talk and action at the government level. Many feel the same way, but I agree that when you make a YouTube video that says "F" this and "F" that....you are probably not going to get the positive reaction you had hoped for. For the non-shooting public who are not against guns videos like this do not help....however the shooting community like any other community is made up of some great people and some not so great people so it comes with the territory. I am less concerned about people like James and his YouTube video and more concerned with the people who have power to influence on shows like CNN, FOX, Face The Nation, etc. Those representatives should be sharp, smart and balanced. Unfortunatley, like I have posted before we have a lot of nut jobs hitting the shows who cannot debate intelligently and that is really hurting us and the shooting community. James is just another guy with a camera and something to say on YouTube.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is it a coincidence that Yeager has those same wacko eyes that Adam Lanza, The CO theater shooter and the guy who shot US Rep Giffords have?

Yeager was good at running his mouth. Now he has to pay a slick lawyer big bucks to speak for him while fighting the suspension of his CCW permit.

Is it a coincidence that Yeager has those same wacko eyes that Adam Lanza, The CO theater shooter and the guy who shot US Rep Giffords have?

Yeager was good at running his mouth. Now he has to pay a slick lawyer big bucks to speak for him while fighting the suspension of his CCW permit.
There is NO WAY this guy is crazy!!! NONE, NOT A CHANCE!!! He is acting and faking it!!! :mad: That POS was perfectly capable of enrolling in college, attending classes, completing school work ... then had enough wits to strategize, acquire equipment and materials and execute his plan ... but now he is crazy? :confused:

BULL****!!!!! :mad:

and where the **** did he get the financing for his endeavor!!!!! :mad:

If people come to take away your right to and means to defend yourself, they probably need killing or at least some serious wounds and re-education. If "those people" have any sense, they won't try to violate others like that and will live longer and happier lives knowing they didn't do something stupid and wrong.

I find it interesting that the big bad boys in Law En-Farce-Ment choose to email JY his cancelation notice...

Was it due to caution or cowardice?

Was is a rational way to "do something" without risking escalation? Or was it a chicken **** move to avoid looking the man in the eye as they violated his rights?

Opinions are sure to vary! :rolleyes:

Tack

I find it interesting that the big bad boys in Law En-Farce-Ment choose to email JY his cancelation notice...

Was is a rational way to "do something" without risking escalation? Or was it a chicken **** move to avoid looking the man in the eye as they violated his rights?

Tack
Alternatively, maybe they couldn't find an officer who could be convinced to do something "wrong" that was "legally required".

Tack
if it's true his CC permit was suspended, yes i agree that move was chicken$**t! as much as i agree with his opinion, i do disagree with his delivery of that opinion, but that's my position and viewpoint. i also defend the fact that he was exercising his 1st amendment rights and by them suspending his CC permit for doing so, IMO is very wrong.

James has the stones to say what we are thinking. Like him or not he is passionate about the 2nd Ammendnent and when you go through life with strong beliefs, you may step on it sometimes. He and others like Uncle Ted, may very well be the only reason that politicians come to the understanding that despite the horendous shooting at Sandy Hook, their wet dreams of bans and confiscation may not work out so well for them. Better that we have some milk toast negotiator work out a deal on how much freedom we will give up, at least until the next mass shooting when will can "negotiate" a little more eh?
I am nothing like James Yeager, I have no tatoos, I have no where near the shooting and combat experience he does, and I seldom use most of the langauge he uses regularly, but I respect him for what he does and the idea that members of the shooting community are ready to kick him while he is down is disheartening to me. Whos next to be thrown under the bus? We hang together or we hang seperately, now more than ever. Sure most of us would not say what he did on YouTube, but many of us would say it in the company of like minded friends.
I am pissed. I served my country in time of war, I served my community and still do (over 20 years) as a volunteer firefighter/EMT. I have worked, paid my taxes, given to charities, and am a volunteer Hunter Education Instructor for the Division of Wildlife. My wife and I raised three children to adulthood, all inteligent, productive, a caring citizens. To now be lumped in the pot with the likes of James Holmes, Gerad Loughner, and Adam Lanza, is a slap in the face. To be told that I can't be trusted to own a rifle that looks, but does not opperate like the full auto M16 that this government put in my hands as a 19 year old kid is outrageous.
If we can rescind peoples rights for what they say, perhaps we can remove a number of politicians from office for talking about and conspiracy to violate the Constitution, they do it all the time. :mad:

if it's true his CC permit was suspended, yes i agree that move was chicken$**t! as much as i agree with his opinion, i do disagree with his delivery of that opinion, but that's my position and viewpoint. i also defend the fact that he was exercising his 1st amendment rights and by them suspending his CC permit for doing so, IMO is very wrong.
Bingo...

None of us agree with the tone of his video but like him or not, an American citizen has had his 2nd Amendment rights violated for using his 1st Amendment rights....and some of us are ok with that?

Tack

Alternatively, maybe they couldn't find an officer who could be convinced to do something "wrong" that was "legally required".
Possible...not sure what jurisdiction JY is in but up here in the PNW CCW's are shall issue...there is no "discresion" allowed for issuing or revocation. It takes a prior felony or misdemeanor of domestic violence to reject an application or revoke a permit.

JY committed neither in his video rant so I'd like to know where the authority for this revocation comes from.

Tack

Then there are those who are a bit quieter about their beliefs/intentions/plans that are to be considered. IMO, we can shout till "blue in the face" and it will do no good to our elected. I have personally pointedly asked each of my reps how they stood and expressed my desires. Beyond that the only thing they understand is being voted out. If the Second is infringed upon then will be the time to act---Lexington's patriots stood and died for their beliefs--should we do any different?

Tackleberry1 said:
Possible...not sure what jurisdiction JY is in but up here in the PNW CCW's are shall issue...there is no "discresion" allowed for issuing or revocation. It takes a prior felony or misdemeanor of domestic violence to reject an application or revoke a permit.

JY committed neither in his video rant so I'd like to know where the authority for this revocation comes from.

Tack
He should be here in TN,his school is up the road in Camden. I believe we are Shall Issue.

He'll get it back if he takes them to court

A saying I once heard' "Don't ever let anyone outside the "family" know what you're thinking!". And I could care less about offending any damn Progressive (marxist) out there.

I'm as concerned about the current regime's lack of respect for the law as anyone else, but why not wait to see what the president actually does before making general threats over something that Obama may or may not do?

If you think Obama is going to attempt to break the law, then be prepared for that attempt. There's no necessity for us to do anything at all until an actual attempt to break the law has been made.

I honestly believe the court system and legislature will do what they're supposed to do if he attempts to break the law and halt his attempted criminal activity. If not, then we have lots of other options to use before a shooting war against our own government would be justified.

Understanding JY's frustration begins with understanding that the only "solution" our adversaries are interested in IS disarmament...period.

I agree that his video was over the top and ill advised however, his resolve is quietly shared by many...and with an administration contemplating violations of 2a liberties vie executive order...it's a message they need to hear.

Personally, I did not serve my country see it torn apart by civil war because we happen to have a bunch of adolescents running the show in DC.

Tack
Tack, if you could watch that video and not realize that that man is over-the-top lunatic nut farm, then your judgement is badly flawed.

I'm as concerned about the current regime's lack of respect for the law as anyone else, but why not wait to see what the president actually does before making general threats over something that Obama may or may not do?

If you think Obama is going to attempt to break the law, then be prepared for that attempt. There's no necessity for us to do anything at all until an actual attempt to break the law has been made.

I honestly believe the court system and legislature will do what they're supposed to do if he attempts to break the law and halt his attempted criminal activity. If not, then we have lots of other options to use before a shooting war against our own government would be justified.
This might be a good arguement ten, twenty years ago. Unfortunately, currently, all are in the same boat together. A new America has emerged. And it ain't pretty.

He should be here in TN,his school is up the road in Camden. I believe we are Shall Issue.

He'll get it back if he takes them to court
I bet he doesn't get it back without a psyc eval. No one in their right minds would want to be responsible for helping arm a lunatic with a vow to commit murder. The conditional nature of the threat doesn't releive him of the vow. There are changes coming. We are going one inch further.

We look back at the theater shooter and the school shooter and ask, "why someone didn't see this coming." Yeager put it on the line, in front of the world. In a perfect world he would be in a straight jacket on thorazine. The only guns he should have are the ones he cuts out, with round nose sissors.

Chainfire said:
I bet he doesn't get it back without a psyc eval. No one in their right minds would want to be responsible for helping arm a lunatic with a vow to commit murder. The conditional nature of the threat doesn't releive him of the vow. There are changes coming. We are going one inch further.

We look back at the theater shooter and the school shooter and ask, "why someone didn't see this coming." Yeager put it on the line, in front of the world. In a perfect world he would be in a straight jacket on thorazine. The only guns he should have are the ones he cuts out, with round nose sissors.
Why do you even own guns chain? You even identify yourself with the gun grabbers in your language when you speak about them. I'm only curious.

The changes you speak of aren't about saving lives,3% of murders in 2011 were committed with rifles of ANY kind. The most common murder weapon is a 5 shot .38 special. That's no where in any of these bans.

It's about control,how do you not see that?

Northhike, it's not the obscenity and vulgarity it is his threat to "start killing people" added to his previous video in which he issued a public challenge for anyone who says he is a coward to come say it to his face, and then the posting of a document to be filled out for a formal duel, yes, that's right, he did that.

He is a disgrace to the entire shooting community and has given every responsible gun owner a black eye, since his kind of crazy is precisely what the liberals want to see from us.

His latest "I'm going to start killing people" video now has gone viral and has been featured in national and international media!
i heard this on talk radio last week.

fuel to the fire for the antis!

thanks, psycho!

21 - 40 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.