James Yeager and Tactical Derp Photography

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Amsdorf, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

UPDATE:

James Yeager filed a complaint against my YouTube channel claiming "copyright infringement" for putting up the video in the first post. Hilarious.

Sorry, Jimbo, I know you are trying your best to defend and hide the stoopid that is "Tactical Response"

But it ain't working....here's another link to the video.

[ame]http://youtu.be/kvdB9P_5Zp0[/ame]

Own the stoopid, Jim. It's yours. All yours.

2. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Umm wth. Dude it's almost 2014. Cameras have tripods and remote controls now.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Not the place I would be. Buy some equipment and quit putting people in harm's way to get a couple photos.

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Whoa. I guess they've never experienced/witnessed: stray shots, ricochets off the debris in the berm, or backsplash spall from the berm, spall and splinters from hit target frames, etc. which is completely aside from the fact that being down range without adequate cover is just way too risky.

I've got some friends I trust implicitly with guns and their own shooting abilities. But unless we are receiving fire from the front, I'm not moving forward of their muzzles.

Agree with the above post. If the camera shot is important enough, save for the right equipment. Don't stick a human where a tripod belongs.

5. stag556

stag556 New Member

Wow now that is embarrassing, how could someone who is suppose to be teaching firearms handling, and safety allow that to happen. I would expect he has very little or if any credence as a firearms expert?

6. vincent

vincent New Member

That right there is a great way to fix stupid...

7. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I didn't know who this guy was so I googled his name. After finding his sight I was a little impressed. Then as I went on other sights and news articles I come to realize this guy is a glorified pretentious idiot.

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Shocked beyond words.

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I try and stay away from folks like him. Rob from PDN is the exact opposite of Yeager...
    If you need training go to a real instructor, or schools like Gunsite or Frontsight...we have several "Yeager" threads here, or had.

10. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I knew I didn't like him a while back because YouTube suggested a video to me, of his, called 1911's Suck.

11. DrFootball

And while 9 of 10 folks will disagree, including us, there are those that kneel and pray to the shrine of Gaston Glock.

12. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I understand people liking Glock or whatever more than a 1911 because of their personal preference. But, to call a 1911 incapable and essentially worthless in comparison to a Glock, except as a paperweight, is just ignorant and argumentative. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you have to be a jerk.

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

it's his right to be a jerk. it's his right to be an idiot. best defence against his type is to be well informed and to vote with your wallet.

he lost any credibility i might have had for any of his opinions when he went on his shameful tirade late last year about killing people. most people with some common sense and those of us who really believe in saving our rights, think of him as being an idiot and a fool who is more a liability than an asset.

14. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

All I mean is that I wish people could debate their views peacefully. But I know that's way to idealistic.

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

in no way was his little tirade and rant peaceful, especially when you talk about killing people. that is where he lost credibility with many people in the gun world. people like him set the cause of defending our gun rights back 20 years. he is one of the last people i would ever want to represent my gun rights.

16. JW357

JW357 New Member

Oh. My. Lord. This is really a yeager film?? I knew the dude was an idiot but holy sh*t. The cake has been taken, by this.

If I were one of the shooters there I would have refused to shoot and actually walked away. Too much risk if something had happened. I'm not gonna be implicated with the rest of those fools.

17. DrFootball

HE must figure "screw Everyone else!! I'm YEAGER! But he's no Chuck Yeager.