Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Florida Gun Forum' started by deathkricket, Oct 21, 2013.

1. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Any of you guys live around Jax. Moved down here for school and this place sucks. Just found a spot to shoot and now all I need is a partner.

2. utf59

utf59 New Member

Sorry for the delayed reaction; I've been away from the forum for a while.

Where are you shooting? I haven't had as much time to shoot as I used to, but we might be able to meet up sometime.

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Moved to Washingon from teh Georgia Side of the border. Gun Gallery is OK for indoor shooting. Gateway has a nice facility, but pretty tight rules, because of their proximity to the small airfield. If you can drive out to Lake City, there is a WMA range that is a public range, and pretty nice, but would take about 45 minutes to get to, so gas can be considered your range fee. They used to have the Florida Defensive Carbine Club matches there once a month, but they may have shifted venue to the Fraternal Order of Police, ("FOP") range for those. A good place to meet other shooters. You could Ask about FDCC at Gun Gallery. The owner there, Neil, was pretty involved for a long time.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  4. davva360

davva360 New Member

I live over near Orange Park. Good news over here we have two new indoor ranges. One on College Drive called Basics and one on Wells Rd called On Target Sports.

Both good indoor ranges.

Never been to Gateway even though it is so close to me I can hear them shooting.

I have been out to the Osceola range near Lake City. I like it there I just wish it was closer.

I was at Basics last Friday morning.

I really want to try On Target next. They are supposed to have a very cool target system.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Sorry for my delayed response been busy, any way I live in Orange Park also and I just bought a new 1911 I need to test out so anytime you guys wana meet up to shoot let me know and we can set a date.