Jack Daniels Distillery Tour....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Nov 27, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Has anybody been to the Jack Daniels Distillery Tour in Lynchburg Tennessee ???...My friend is going next weekend and asked me to go,I'm thinking about-it..I've been on the Jack Daniels web-site and it looks very interesting,so I think I'm going to go..Just woundering if anybody else has been and what they thought of it.....

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I haven't been but I'd love to go. Jack Daniels is one of my favorite "shots". :D

3. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

Not Jack but I have been to the MAkers Mark Distillery several times. The tour is well worth the trip

4. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I went twice back in 1976 while in A.I.T. in the Army at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. First time I went alone because my future ex-wife hadn't come down to join me. The second time, we took her parents...her Dad loves Jack Daniels. When we got there I told him not to get TOO excited because he would NOT be getting any free samples. The distillery is in a dry county.

The tour itself is a lot of fun. In '76, they had a bunch of old guys, probably those who had worked there since forever, giving the tours and they made it interesting. At the end of the tour, they took a photo of the group and that was to be sent to you. Both times, the photos didn't make it but they DID send numbered woodcuts of parts of the distillery. I have one of the barrel house and one of the fermenting vat building.

If the White Rabbit saloon is still open in Lynchburg, get lunch there. When I went, they had an excellent sandwich bar (fresh bread, delicious cold cuts, numerous kinds of cheese and every other condiment you can think of to put on a sandwich), their freshly made lemonade was delicious and their hot-out-of-the-oven pecan pie melted in your mouth.

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Oh, geeze, Jack about kicked my butt this holiday! :eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  6. jdgeroy

jdgeroy New Member

Go, you will love it. Hit the gift shop at the end of the tour, they have bottles of Jack you can't get any where else.

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I thought it was located in a dry county?

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

It's a dry county,maybe they give-you a taste-test like at the end of Budweiser's tour here in St.Louis....I see they got a room called the Squire room for members only or something....

9. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

I went a few years ago and as I recall three were 3 places you could by Jack in the county and the gift shop was one of them, can't remember the other 2 places.

10. opaww

opaww New Member

I have nothing to do with Jack Daniels what so ever sense I found out they gave money to anti gun groups

11. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Whaaaat?

Any links?

12. opaww

opaww New Member

It was a couple years ago and I did not save the link

13. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I went in the late 60s when I was in college in North Alabama. Good tour, I would recommend you going. It is in a dry county, but I am pretty sure we were getting some tasting in. I seem to remember that they could pour you a shot, but not sell you any to leave with. Long time though, and consumption since then could have screwed up my memory.

Worth the trip if you are nearby.

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I visited a couple of times in the early 90's. Great tour, but no samples back then and there were no sales either. But things do change, so maybe to increase sales tax revenue you can buy JD at the gift shop.

George Dickel distillery is nearby also, but it is not as entertaining as the JD facility.

15. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I've decided I'm going with my buddy and his girlfriend,Leaving Saturday Morning,Havn't anything else to do,but drink alittle Jack.....