J P Enterprises AR trigger

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by string1946, Jan 14, 2014.

1. string1946

string1946 New Member

I was wondering if any one here has ever installed a J.P. Enterprises JPFC-1 adjustable trigger with their Speed Hammer. I ordered one from Brownells yesterday for the 264 lbc build I'm working on. The reviews I read are pretty good but some say it can be a pain to install and adjust with some file or stone work necessary and others say it was a piece of cake to install. If anyone has installed one do you have any advice or anything I might need to watch for or anything that would make the installation easier. It comes with a 30 minute DVD explaining how to do it.

2. SkilletFan24

SkilletFan24 New Member

It's probably just the variations in their receivers. Difference in tolerances and stuff. There's probably no correct answer for your question

3. string1946

string1946 New Member

That could be but most of the fitting I have read about wasn't fitting the trigger group to the receiver but fitting the trigger to the safety and tuning the disconector engagement. Guess I find out next week.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app

4. SkilletFan24

SkilletFan24 New Member

Yeah. My trigger/safety fit fine so I dunno what to say. I'm happy with it.

5. string1946

string1946 New Member

Ok thanks. Thats what I was really asking. Just what was the experence of anyone that has installed one, good or bad.

6. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

I just ordered the jp enterprise springs from midway usa. For ten bucks it's worth a try. Beats spending 200+ on a high end trigger. If it brings my trigger down to a 3.5 trigger pull then I'll be a happy camper!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app

7. string1946

string1946 New Member

They also suggest cutting or grinding down the spur on the stock hammer to lighten it a bit to speed up lock time.

8. string1946

string1946 New Member

Ok I have everything done to my 264 lbc build that I can do till the barrel gets here which if it comes within the promised time frame that will be between Feb. 11th and 25th ( 10 to 12 weeks). The JP Enterprises trigger turned out to be a piece of cake to install. You first install the trigger and hammer without the disconnector and adjust the front set screw to set overtravel and then set the rear set screw to adjust sear engagement. Then you lock both of those in place with red Loctite. Then you install the disconnector and they say you will probably have to adjust its timing by doing some stoning or grinding. I didn't as mine worked perfectly as is. You hold the trigger to the rear and cock the hammer and the disconnector should grab the hammer, then as you slowly release the trigger the disconnector should pass the hammer off to the trigger. Then as you pull the trigger it releases the hammer (which you control with your thumb). My trigger has very little movement and releases the hammer at 3 lbs. They also say you may have to fit the safety which I didn't as it also works as it should as is. I have 178 pieces of new A.A. 6.5 Grendel brass on the way and another 100 on backorder.

Attached Files:

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I had to do this , I got some light JP springs and then I had alot of FTFire issues so I knocked the spur off the back of the hammer and it works fine now

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

How do you like the LRB lower ? Love the ones I have , They fit tightest of all the lowers I own .

11. string1946

string1946 New Member

I like it. It seems to be well made. Thats the one that a friend of mine called and asked if I wanted it with the parts kit and Tapco M4 stock for $150 which I did. No paperwork. I'll try to use the parts I had left over on the next build whatever that turns out to be. I have use a couple of Stag Arms, a S.G.W. Olympic Arms, a DPMS LR 308 and one other that I helped a friend build that I don't remember the brand and they all have worked well. I did have to do a little fitting on one of the Stag Arms trigger guard but that was minor. I did mean to mention that I am going to rent a set of 264 lbc Go/No Go gauges from www.reamerrentals.com for $19 ($5 rental and $14 round trip shipping) as I can't see spending $60 for a set I will probably never use again. Can't wait for the barrel to show up. The forearm is from YHM and I wonder a little about their instructions. They say to " tighten the barrel nut until its firmly tighten by hand then to use the forearm wrench to tighten the barrel nut to the next aligning gas tube hole. No torque wrench involved. The book I read before starting this build which is my 1st upper build suggested tightening the barrel nut to 30 ft/lbs then loosing and retighting 3 times to allow everything to align and seat. On the last tightening they say go to 35 ft/lbs before cranking it a little more to get the gas tube hole alignment.

12. string1946

string1946 New Member

Ok I got my 6.5 grendel magazines and dies a few days ago. Today I got the anti-walk pins and brass. Now I really am ready for my barrel. I plan on loading 123 gr. bullets. Looking at reloading data it looks like Accurate 2520 and IMR 8208 are the best powders for this round. Years ago I bought 8 lbs of Accurate 2200 data power and still have a little over 5 lbs left and it looks like thats worth a try too.

Attached Files:

13. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Just installed my jp interprize springs. It did reduce the trigger pull by 1.4 pounds but there's a little creep in the pull
    Over all I'm pleased for 10 bucks. I will be upgrading to the RRA trigger later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app