Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some traveling for the holidays and my grandfather took me here. It’s in Clairmore, OK. If anyone is close or passing through it’s definitely worth stopping by. They have like 12,000 guns and it’s all a private collection that was started in the 1890’s when he got his first gun as a gift. I had fun, spent an hour there and still didn’t see everything.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
I used to have to go to Claremore, Oklahoma to do pre-shipping inspections and verifications for pumps, prior to shipping. If the efficiency was lower than the factory wanted, or I could accept, they would tear down the pump, and rework the scrolls, which could take a couple of days.

So, I’d have dead time, Which I would spend at the museum. It was a really good place kill time. And, well worth a trip.

·
Administrator
34,178 Posts
That is real close to our home.

Reactions: austin92

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Davis ran a hotel. Pretty well the whole thing was covered with guns and western memorabilia. I spent an entire day there while on vacation. We camped at a horse-racing track and were able to watch the races from inside our 5th wheel. "Management" (wife) got bored at the museum so she and the other wimmin went to see the World's Largest Stringball or some other dumb thing. Very eclectic collection - well displayed.

·
Administrator
34,178 Posts
Have you been?

I almost messaged you to meet up for a meal together but I was so busy I wouldn’t have had time to separate from the family to meet up. One day...
No, I haven’t. But Balota has been to that museum.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’ve been there. You really can spend a day there. Worth a trip there in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
I remember, some years ago, seeing a photograph that was captioned "the world's largest gun collection." The photo showed a cavernous warehouse type of building with wall to wall floor mounted rifle racks. I wonder if this is the same collection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts