J.M. Davis gun museum

Discussion in 'Company Review Forum' started by austin92, Nov 30, 2020.

1. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Did some traveling for the holidays and my grandfather took me here. It’s in Clairmore, OK. If anyone is close or passing through it’s definitely worth stopping by. They have like 12,000 guns and it’s all a private collection that was started in the 1890’s when he got his first gun as a gift. I had fun, spent an hour there and still didn’t see everything.

towboater, OLD Ron, primer1 and 3 others like this.
  2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’ve heard about it, been meaning to go take a look

jigs-n-fixture likes this.

3. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I used to have to go to Claremore, Oklahoma to do pre-shipping inspections and verifications for pumps, prior to shipping. If the efficiency was lower than the factory wanted, or I could accept, they would tear down the pump, and rework the scrolls, which could take a couple of days.

So, I’d have dead time, Which I would spend at the museum. It was a really good place kill time. And, well worth a trip.

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  4. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’m trying to figure out what he did for a living, can’t find much info

OLD Ron likes this.
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

That is real close to our home.

austin92 likes this.
  6. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Have you been?

I almost messaged you to meet up for a meal together but I was so busy I wouldn’t have had time to separate from the family to meet up. One day...

winds-of-change likes this.
  7. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Davis ran a hotel. Pretty well the whole thing was covered with guns and western memorabilia. I spent an entire day there while on vacation. We camped at a horse-racing track and were able to watch the races from inside our 5th wheel. "Management" (wife) got bored at the museum so she and the other wimmin went to see the World's Largest Stringball or some other dumb thing. Very eclectic collection - well displayed.

8. aarondhgraham

aarondhgraham Well-Known Member

I spent 8 hours there and still didn't see everything in their cases.

Aarond

Rifling82 likes this.
  9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

No, I haven’t. But Balota has been to that museum.

10. xring3

xring3 Well-Known Member

I’ve been there. You really can spend a day there. Worth a trip there in my opinion.

11. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

It looks like a great place to check out

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I remember, some years ago, seeing a photograph that was captioned "the world's largest gun collection." The photo showed a cavernous warehouse type of building with wall to wall floor mounted rifle racks. I wonder if this is the same collection.