Izhmash Saiga 762 MK

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Jagermeister, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I order an Izhmash Saiga 762 MK at my local gun store today. It will take at least 3 weeks to arrive from Izhevsk, Russia. Of course it will take much longer. :rolleyes: Murphy's law and all that... Here are some pics of what I ordered. I will post the pics of the actual rifle, and the range report as soon it comes in. :D I wanted the wood instead of all polymer, because I think it looks meaner. :cool:

Attached Files:

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Nice. I prefer the wood. It just looks more "AK" to me.

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I would rather have wood on my AK than plastic, I offed my black plastic grip for a used old stock redish bakelite grip . She just looks more genuine .

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Where can I find a wood grip? Thanks.:)

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought the .308 Saiga a few years back and I was so impressed with it that I bought another in 12 gauge. They look different in the U.S. "sporterized" the magazine is a couple inches forward of the trigger and the furniture is replaced with plastic junk. There is no pistol grip either. We customize them ourselves.

7. SSGN_Doc

Ironwood designs makes all wood furniture for AK rifles.

But the red Bakelite is pretty authentic. Here in the US most AK clones end up with black or other colored plastic grips. They can count for 922r compliance in the number if US made parts on the rifles if they don't have a US receiver.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Just got bad news from the arms dealer that ordered my Saiga. Seems the day of the wooden AK is coming to an end. The factory is making only polymer rifles now. :( The Russian military and LEOs are only ordering polymer rifles. Plus they are cheaper. So this is the rifle that is coming in in a few weeks. I am getting metal magazines. 1 two round (hunting) and 1 thirty round.

Attached Files:

9. SSGN_Doc

Wood is fairly easy to retrofit.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I hate those muzzle devices. They are extremely loud. The recoil is not that bad to need dampening

11. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013