IWB, opinions only please

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by TankTop, Aug 10, 2013.

1. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm expecting to receive my CCW any day and I will begin carrying my Glock 23 (it's the pistol I own now and can't afford something else at this time). From what I see, it's between the King Tuck and the Cross Breed, I know it really comes down to preference but what's everyone's opinion preferably supported by experience.

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The only IWBs I own are N82 pro tactical holsters. They are sooooo comfortable. I carry my G35 and my SR1911 in these holsters.

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

You have solicited my Opinion.

IWB's don't work for me.

Thank you for this opportunity to share my opinion.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

I prefer my Old Faithful holster. Good price point, especially if you buy the kit, excellent warranty, good design, American made, etc.

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

5. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I carry my full size 1911 IWB with a Crossbreeds supertuck made from the horsehide. It is nice but I still had to do one modification (cut a hole in the leather where it kept pushing the magazine release.)

My crossbreeds holster was expensive. Does it do the job, yes. Does it feel good on my side, yep. Do I believe it's a little over priced, you betcha.

My next IWB holster will be the same style but probably a different brand. There is a company out of Texas, my home state, that I think I will try next cause they are less expensive and well, Texas made.

6. mdauben

mdauben New Member

Those two are good if you intend to wear a tucked in shirt *over* your gun. I generally wear untucked shirts, sweaters or sweatshirts as cover garments so my preference is a "summer special" style IWB holster.
    image-3866100217.jpg

This is my Glock 36 in a holster from JBP Holsters. The original Summer Special was created by Milt Sparks but he has a long waiting list and several other manufactures now offer similar "rough out" holsters.

One other thing, be sure to get a good gun belt. Department store belts are really not stiff enough to hold a gun securely and comfortably all day long. I'd suggest looking at offerings from The Beltman or Amish Belts (for leather) or Wilderness Instructor Belts (for synthetic). FWIW I like my belts with kydex stiffeners. :)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

My first and only IWB holster is Cross Breed.

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a few IWB rigs but the one I use most is Gould 810. I don't always use IWB but this one seems the most comfortable. Mine sized to a commander length but they make it for a full size as well. Actually they make it for many pistols. I have a friend wit ha Glock that uses the same holster.

Mine looks like....
    [​IMG]

9. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I've got a DeSantis Intruder IWB holster for my Glock 19, love it got it on eBay cheap. Check them out.

ForumRunner_20130811_194853.jpg

10. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a Crossbreed and like it very much. It is very comfortable. Good luck!!

11. utf59

utf59 New Member

I've had a couple of Crossbreeds (different guns). I found that I don't care for the hybrid style. For IWB, I only like all-leather holsters.

For hybrid holsters, you might also look at Theis holsters and Comp-Tac Minotaur.

12. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

When its the weekend and I'm I'm shorts I sometimes use the uncle mikes lol.. yep yezzir

13. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I use a Galco IWB for my Glock 19, which is identical in size to the 23. I'm not sure of the model name of the holster but it works very well, sorry I don't have any experience with the brands you listed.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  14. JonM

JonM Moderator

Personally i dont like iwb carry. It digs in and hurts like hell in a car or if your in a tight space or have to bend a certain way. Ive got a king tuck iwb 1911 holster, sans gun its prolly the most uncomfortable holster ive ever had.

I know "your not wearing it right"... well ive had people who know how tell me that and show me where to wear it and its not any better.

I either carry owb or pocket carry

Just my opinion.

15. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

+1 on the N82 tactical IWB holster. Extremely comfortable. I hear good things about your other 2 options though.

16. Donn

Donn Active Member

Agree with Jon. IWB is only comfortable while standing or walking, otherwise it's a pure PITA. That said, IMHO it's the best way to conceal, at least for me.

17. msup752

msup752 New Member

After 15 years off CC, I got a cheap IWB and loved it (uncle mikes). I finally spent some $ on a king tuk. It works great for me and the kydex makes it easy to re holster. It is a PITA to re holster with my leather or nylon. Lots of training means lots of drawing and re holstering. The kydex has started to crack in one corner from constant use.
    I can see why some do not like IWB. It can be painful for some body shapes. It is not a slight pain at all in any position. Except maybe lying on that side but I don't do that often while carrying.

18. rickster

rickster New Member

I use on a daily basis an inexpensive pro carry IWB holster from the Holster Store, its about $30 with shipping. Inside the holster is my daily CCW a Taurus PT740 slim. It's super comfortable to point I can't even tell its there.

image-3529812067.jpg

image-2538291522.jpg

image-4248848022.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  19. stag556

stag556 New Member

I just ordered a Hybrid from SHTF Gear, same style of holster as the King Tuck and the Cross Breed etc. They have a add on for 8 bucks where you can get leather belt loops, instead of the metal belt clips, lifetime warranty, free replacement clips, and made in the USA!! Ive only ever carried my XD .45 in the Galco summer comfort, so this will be new for me.

http://www.shtfgear.com/Holster-by-Make/springfield/ACE-1-SPR-XD-4

20. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Only room for me IWB :p