iwb mag carrier

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by potentialglock, Nov 10, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Any good iwb mag carriers out there? Post your links!

2. DX1

DX1 New Member

Remora has single and double.

3. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

4. potentialglock

How do those work exactly?

5. wharvey

wharvey New Member

Look to be like other Remora products. Insert magazine, place IWB where ever you want it and go. It will not move around.

6. potentialglock

So it doesn't clip to ur pant or belt?

7. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I would just find a holster with a pocket for a magazine. I carry my P95 in a holster with a magazine pocket and it works just fine.

8. potentialglock

My problem with that is I don't want to do a cross draw for a mag

9. wharvey

wharvey New Member

No, Remora is very tacky and stays put on its own.

10. wharvey

wharvey New Member

Putting the mag with the holster would certainly simplify carrying it would sure slow my reloads down. Shooting right handed I start bringing the pistol toward me, release magazine with shooting thumb- all the while reaching for my spare on the left side. The gun and mag meet, insert and start pistol forward while releasing the slide.

Can't see having to reach across body to get mag. I'd probably just get my arms tangled.

11. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

@wharvey getting tangled is an issue. I haven't put much thought into what I would do if I had to reload under duress. I just keep a magazine of cheap ammo for plinking should the opportunity present it's self.

12. Polygon

Polygon New Member

With my PM9 I had a DeSantis holster that cold hold the extra magazine. It just didn't work. Training with it made it clear that cross-draw reloads is a stupid idea. Mind as well not carry the extra magazine.

Now I carry an M&P Shield in a PJ Holster IWB and I just got one of his extra magazine holsters as well for the weak side. Works a million time better.

13. rslayden

rslayden New Member

I got tired of buying/trying/storing them. Not a direct answer to your question, but a possible alternative maybe. I carry my spare in a Redhead folding knife case on my belt. No one pays any attention to it. Concealed in the open.

14. potentialglock

The main reason I want an iwb mag carrier is because the only open pocket I can carry it comfortably in is a rear pocket and I dislike sitting on a mag

15. rpritchard0001

rpritchard0001 New Member

Bravo Concealment makes a good one.

16. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

X2 on Bravo.