IWB holsters

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by MyRawTalent, Dec 1, 2012.

1. MyRawTalent

MyRawTalent New Member

Do you recommend inside the waistband holsters for conceal carry? I have one but haven't got to use it yet because I'm still waiting on my carry permit.

2. okdonk

okdonk New Member

One thing for sure.. u need a bigger size pants. I bought a Raven Phantom for my Shield instead buying a new pants. Btw fyi, a Phantom holster can be used IWB or OWB. Buy once cry once with 2 features.

3. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I'm using a Ramora with a Beretta PX4 storm subcompact 40. It makes for comfortable carry. And on top of selecting you're pants a size bigger you might want to think about ordering a good belt.

4. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I have many IWB holsters but my favorite two are a CrossBreed Super Tuck and a Galco King Tuk with a Crossbreed belt or a El Paso Saddlery Belt. Keep in mind I have, as most of us do, a box hidden away of highly recommended scarcely used holsters.

5. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Iwb is the only way I cc other than the very rare pocket carry. I like the crossbreeds also and anything made by galco is good as well.

6. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I was fortunate to find CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe early in my holster search, so I've avoided the "holster drawer" to which chuckusaret alludes (thanks for your service, BTW). It works extremely well for me carrying a full-size XD-40 service.

The importance of a good gun belt, too, cannot be overstated. It must be stiff and resist twisting and sagging, and over time I've found the dedicated gun belts to outperform and outlast generic belts. You'll pay more for sure, but it's worth the extra money.

Here's what I recommend:

http://thebeltman.net/

I understand the CrossBreed belt to be a good choice, too, but I personally haven't used theirs.

7. Griffworks

Griffworks New Member

I've got a nice DeSantis IWB that I sometimes wear, mostly during the warm months. I've got several OWB holsters that I like, tho, and tend to wear more than the IWB.

8. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The only holster I use any more is my N82 pro tactical IWB with my G35. It is sooooo comfortable and I love it!!! I have a Blackhawk serpa OWB too.

image-3544958488.jpg

9. MyRawTalent

MyRawTalent New Member

That looks like a really nice glock and holster.

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have a plain old Uncle Mikes IWB holster. I carry a Ruger P95 in it. It also has a magazine pouch. If I have a good belt on it's not a problem to wear all day. I have to admit carrying an extra magazine is a bit heavy. I have wanted a supertuck but the Uncle Mikes has performed well enough that a supertuck hasn't got on the list yet.

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Thanks!! That's my EDC. I picked that up in January at a local gun show.

12. DnvrSmity

DnvrSmity New Member

Why not wear your planned carry rig around your house until permitted. Anyone that can't be totally safe in their home and around their family shouldn't carry around someone else's. The first few times you drop your britches while carrying will provide lessons you don't want to get in a public restroom. For me at home the pistol and magazines are placed within reach on the counter while using the facilities (and, for that matter when showering). Away from home I place the hardware in document pockets in my LEO shirts. Just things like getting comfortable reclining - or setting down in a narrowish armchair - or tucking in your shirt are a different experience while packing. As they say, "You'll be glad you did." And congratulations on going for your CCW. Encourage safe, responsible friends to do the same. The more - the safer.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

This is what I do. I live in Illinois and can't carry off my property. I 'practice' carrying at home should we ever be allowed to carry here in Illinois.

14. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Here's a saying my mom used to tell me when I was little "Wish in one hand and **** in the other!". Sorry Winds it probably will never ever happen. You have a better chance to move.;)

15. MyRawTalent

MyRawTalent New Member

I couldn't imagine living where you live ( Illinois).

16. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I prefer Comp-Tac holsters mtac series. Just like all of use you more than likely will end up buying a few before finding your perfect holster.

17. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Remora & stitched mouse pads is what I've tried, as well as one of those TechnaClips for my LC9 and LCP I used to have. Didn't like any of them.

18. SWBMOAMP2691

SWBMOAMP2691 New Member

Decided to throw this one out there, I too am waiting for my permit, but have been training IWB carry in my home. I have a Glock 23 and I bought a Don Hume Leather IWB Clip on holster for it. You can pick one up for about 35 dollars or so shipped from cheaper than dirt. It's good quality leather for the money and it will get the job done. I find it to be reasonably comfortable in wearing it around the house. A larger pant size is definitely in order. The only downside is they seem to frequently sell out but they have them available for most popular handgun models.

19. Krisms

Krisms New Member

i'm a new ccl holder too and although i have not spent money on a lot of holsters, i did spend a lot of time researching. my main priority was concealment and comfort. i ended up with the n82 tactical professional holster. i must give credit to those who gave out their testimonies about how comfortable this holster is... it's true, you hardly feel any discomfort wearing it and it secures and conceals your firearm nicely. here's a sneak peak...

Attached Files:

20. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I use a Gould Model 810. They (IWB rigs) do take a little getting used to bu tI really think most all holsters do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They can be had around 50 bucks these days I believe....