Iwb holster

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by dreweB, Sep 24, 2013.

1. dreweB

dreweB New Member

IM looking to buy a iwb holster(preferably kydex) any recommendations on what you guys have bought? Where did u get it ? And how much did u have to pay?

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Ouch... A Kydex IWB just sounds like pain.

3. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Doesn't have to be full kydex, leather against the skin is fine I just don't want all leather

4. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Look at a crossbreed. They are not cheap but no good holster is. I carry mine with no discomfort. Galco and others make crossbreed clones which I am sure will do the job but I have no experience with those

5. mikemc

mikemc New Member

Not kydex but the N82 (nate squared) is as comfortable an IWB as you'll find.

6. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Cool, I just went to their website. Which model do you have?

7. amandaloveszoe

amandaloveszoe New Member

I recommend Foxx hybrid holster! Couldnt be any happier!

8. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I have the N82 pro tactical holsters. They are AWESOME!!!!

image-27229596.jpg

9. spack762

spack762 New Member

I've used blade-tech for years. At the time they weren't that expensive. They are comfortable for me to wear all day.

10. mikemc

mikemc New Member

I have the tuckable.

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought a kydex IWB for my Shield at a gun show a year ago for $35. It is small, very comfortable and shows no sign of wear and tear after a year of constant use. I had the firearm with me, so the guy selling the holter did the final forming with the gun so the fit is good, and retention is good preventing accidental un-holstering.

I was looking at a crossbreed, but liked the looks of this, and for $35 thought it was worth a try. If it didn't work out, it was a small investment and addition to the box of unused holsters that I have.

12. AustinArmory

AustinArmory New Member

I know a guy down by the river...;)

I have purchased quite a few Crossbreeds and White Hat products over the last year. Can't go wrong. The IWB hybrid designs just work, IMO.

Find one in your budget and that you like and you will enjoy.

13. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

+1 on Crossbreed. I carry a commander size 1911 in a Crossbreed Super Tuck and it's very comfortable. I would also recommend a very good gun belt, especially if carrying a heavier pistol. My STI Guardian tips the scales at over 32oz. unloaded so a good belt is essential. I use an Ares Ranger belt and recommend it highly.

Attached Files:

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

I like my Oldfaithful holster. Its a leather / kydex hybrid. You can buy it as a kit that you assemble yourself and save about half the cost of many other brands. Very durable, American made, 50 year warranty, adjustable, etc etc etc.

http://oldfaithfulholsters.com

15. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

DeSantis Sof-Tuk.....inexpensive enough to try. All leather with adj. clip.

16. AustinArmory

AustinArmory New Member

Nice STI collection!

17. GLI45

GLI45 New Member

Thanks. It's taken a few years and a very understanding wife! It helps that she also likes to shoot. I'm not into cars, boats, etc...so this is my vice. I'm not too far from STI so I've had the chance to visit several times and meet some of the great guys working there.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  18. AR10

AR10 New Member

Holsters are like girlfriends, kiss a bunch of them before you commit to just one.

Inside the waist means all your good fiting pants are going to fit too tight. You will need pants two inches larger.

You are also going to need a top quality gun belt. The flimsy Wal-Mart $3 belt will not cut it. I recommend Wilderness belts. The one with a polymer Skelton inside two sandwiched tow strap rated belts, and a 6,000 pound rated buckle.

Is that much support really nessasry? No, but it makes holster carry on your pants much more comfortable and safe. www.thewilderness.com.

19. yingpin

yingpin New Member

I received my Utah Conceal Firearms permit in August so I am really new to this. I finally decided on the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm and picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I read a lot of reviews and since I realized I was likely not going to fall in love with my first holster I wanted something reasonably priced. I have spent a lot of money before the ban in Maryland that goes into place today!

I decided on the Foxx Hybrid iwb holster. It has the leather back and krydex sleeve. Cost was $39 with free shipping (cheaper than amazon) and I placed the order last Thursday and received it yesterday morning!!!!! Originally wanted one that was going to take 10 weeks and was $20 more.

Since I cannot carry in MD, I wore it around the house to try and get comfy with the holster and the idea about carrying. Really comfortable and sturdy and concealed well at about 4 o'clock position. Wife has not noticed it yet which is good since 1) i am trying to keep it concealed by design 2) i am trying to hide the fact that i bought a new gun (actually 4 new ones) from my wife. Really happy so far!!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  20. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have several IWB holsters and they all worked. I got tired of buying pants 2" larger than normal to accommodate a holster. My wife is very crafty with a belly band holster. I am supposed wear a back support all the time due to old injuries. Once I got used to the belly band holster all my IWB holsters ended up in a shoebox. I only have one oversized pair of shorts left. I don't have any pants left that will accommodate a IWB holster. The bellyband has replaced all my IWB holsters. Not only am I more comfortable with a belly band, I carry larger guns.