IWB holster

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Flint Rock, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I like Bianchi holsters and have owned or still own a few. They are good quality, tough and will give good service. I'm not familiar with that particular model. But, it might be a bit thick with the insert.

I'm just thinking in terms of slim design and concealibility. Good luck.

3. JMB1

JMB1 New Member

I've had other bianchi's that were fine holsters not familer with that one. Check out the crossbreed supertuck for about the same money, by far the most comfortable holster I have ever owned.. I carry a comander size 45 you almost forget you have it on. use the code NRA get 10 percent off your order.

4. keroseneburner

keroseneburner New Member

I own one of them. I bought it for a 3" 1911 and used it a bit. The way that the front belt loop is set up it tends to create a bigger bulge in the waistband. It is fairly comfortable and well made. However some of the material is a little thin.

I bought a D.H. Bullard "Dual Carry" and I haven't used the Bianchi again. The profile in the waistband is much more flat and the weight is spread out over a larger area. They are very comfortable. I wear one from 8-10 hours a day at times. They are about the same price as the Bianchi and also well made. I received both of mine within 2 weeks of ordering. Take a look at DHBullardleather.com.

Attached Files:

5. themyst

themyst New Member

Glad to come across your post. I just ordered a TCC Custom Fit IWB MOB for my SR9 from D.H. Bullard. I can hardly wait!!!

6. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I have looked at the Bullard holsters. They look good and the price doesn't seem bad either, but I think I will go with a Milt Sparks, Versa Max 2 instead.

7. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

+1

I use the Bullard Dual Carry for my Kimber Ultra, and also one for my Springfield XD9 SC. I still have a Comp-tac Minotaur, but since getting the Bullard, it sees the most carry.

Slo

8. ckwing13

ckwing13 New Member

9. Old Soldier

Old Soldier New Member

I have a 25 ACP SigSauer P-220 and a Taurus 1911 in 45 ACP but find it difficult to find holsters to fit them because they BOTH have rails for lights, lasers, etc. I was fortunate to find a Galco thunb-break hoster that this one hoster fits BOTH of the so I have one holster that fits 2 different 45's :>)

The info stamped on the back of the hoster is --GALCO, F719WC, FL248

I hope this helps and I also have 2 Milt Sparks hosters for them and the quality can't be beat.
    Jim

10. Old Soldier

Old Soldier New Member

CORRECTION-- the SigSauer P-220 is a 45 not 25. My typo
    Jim

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Got plenty of time to wait?

If Sparks VMII's are running like they were 6 months ago you should have your holster by August 2010.

12. Orlandorealtor

Orlandorealtor New Member

Little Bear Custom Holsters

Heard Dave makes some fine holsters 30 day turnaround on most. Am looking seriously at buying one of his. He will even fit you if you come in his shop. Take a look littlebearholsters.com