IWB holster for a g27?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by joeya, Apr 12, 2009.

1. joeya

joeya New Member

I just purchased a g27 that I plan on carrying and am looking for a quality IWB holster to wear daily. This is my first Glock BTW and am pumped to pick it up tomorrow.

2. CastleKing

CastleKing New Member

I just purchased a Don Hume PCCH for my Glock 19 today. From all I've heard, it's a really good leather holster, especially for someone starting out. Looks like it won't need much "break-in" time either. Good luck.

3. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

Check out the DeSantis Scorpion. It's kydex IWB, and you can fit any of the Glock 9mm and 40S&W in it. I love mine and wear it every day. Usually the G19 goes along for the ride.

4. RevDerb

RevDerb New Member

I just purchased a Galco Summer Comfort for my G-27 from Optics Planet for $56. It is really well made and I like having the black that this one was available in to help concealment as most of my clothes are dark and the tan kind of stands out against them. I carry IWB 24/7 with either my G-36 or G-27. When it is not on my person, it is within arms length - chambered & holstered.

5. TailGator

TailGator New Member

You could also consider the DeSantis "Inner Piece." Commerce Storefront B2C

It is an open muzzle design with a tail coming off from what would be the bottom of the muzzle of the gun. The tail rides at and just under the belt line and adds to stability inside the pants.

I have had mine only a little while, but I like it so far. It seems to be well made. Two things to be aware of: First, there are some web reviews saying that it is constructed rough side out - not so with mine, maybe they changed the design. Second, it has an adjustable retention device - some people swear by them, some people swear at them. I've never had one before, so ask me in a year or two. DeSantis is fairly well known and respected, though, and they use adjustable retention a lot, so I thought I would give one a try for my G26.

I agree with RevDerb about black enhancing concealment - a black holster in the deep shadows of your clothing gives less to catch the eye - but there are quite a few otherwise good designs that aren't offered in black, so you may have to decide how important that is going to be.

6. wolfshead

wolfshead New Member

A friend of mine picked up the DeSantis ProStealth Commerce Storefront B2C

She does not like leather since she is vegan and so she got this for her Glock 27.