IWB choices

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by StanDJ77, Jan 30, 2011.

1. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

Hello Glock fans, i had my G23 for a few months now and now i am ready to upgrade some things. Just ordered me a mag butt plug and stainless steel guide spring rod and a talon grip. I want a nice IWB but something with a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

2. Bighead

Bighead New Member

I really like my Galco Scout. I have an older one that I've had for about 15 years and I just can't seem to wear it out. The newer models have a slightly different and improved clip. The clip goes over your pants, behind your belt, and has a hooked end that will catch on the belt if your holster is trying to come out with your gun during a draw.

You can get the Scout holster for about $50.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

The Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe is the most comfortable IWB holster, hands down. There are a lot of owners of this holster around here.

I've used one for a Glock and for 1911s. $70 is worth every penny!

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Belly Band

Anyone who's carried for any length of time has discovered the problem of where to stash thier CCW weapon while using a public rest room stall?

Let it drop to the floor with your britches? HMM
    Hang in off the coat hook by the trigger guard? "Bad option"
    Try to ballance it on the grab bars or that conglomoration of shiney pipes at the back of the toilet? Hmm

I've carried my CCW in a belly band for over 2 years now, found it to be as secure and concealable as any IWB, and when nature calls you simply tug the whole rig from your hips, up to your mid section.

Took me 15 years and several thousand spent on holster to figure that one out.

TACK

5. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I don't think I'd want a G23 in a belly band. That would be REALLY uncomfortable, Tack. I do carry my little LCP in a belly band, though.

The toilet problem is just a matter of keeping the pants up near your knees. Not a really big problem IMO. But then I don't like to go #2 in public. I like to have a door to close behind me.

6. girphoto

girphoto New Member

Look at the Sparks Summer Special II you can find it at Brownells for around $80.
    I carry my G19 G4 24/7 and it is very comfortable.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  7. silentghost

silentghost New Member

The belly band squeezes my innards and makes me have to go #2. :D Look at M-Tac and C-Tacs as well. I have a supertuck, and while I like it, I am kinda ticked as I could have made this holster relatively cheap myself.

8. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Supertuck Deluxe all the way. Not gonna argue. :D

Fred

9. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Listen to what they're saying above, do not bargain buy IWB holsters...

Let's just say I bought a 15.00 dollar IWB holster off ebay and I threw it in the trash after the first week. :mad:

10. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

Supertuck Deluxe is the way to go.

11. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I used a Galco Summer Comfort holster for years but recently have been using a Milt Sparks VM2. I have found it to be one of the most comfortable holsters I have ever owned.

The wait sucks if you are not lucky enough to find one on eBay or one of the web sites you can find them on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Robertlamont80

Robertlamont80 New Member

I use a IWB Bianchi holsters for all of my pistols. They are insanely durable and very comfortable. I am 5'7" tall and weigh about 165. I have a 29" waist and can COMFORTABLY carry a GI 1911 but I also cant forward which helps conceal the length. When I started carrying my Glock 19, I kept bump testing with my arm just to make sure it was there!! BTW, when I am using a restroom stall I set my gun on my leg facing the door! Perps beware!!!:p

13. elvislee

elvislee New Member

I have a Glock 36 and yesterday purchased the MIC holster with the laynard which this holster is basically a trigger guard. Me being the fat self I am :) and likeing to wear inside at 1-2 or 10-11; I've had trouble finding any holster to fit comfortably. Anyone used the MIC with their Glock? seems like a simple fix to my problem while maintaining the safety issue. Any thoughts.......other than me be fat?...LOL!

14. Mandy

Mandy New Member

No holster, just the clip, can be purchased at brownells and if you need to use a holster for any reason, the clip doesn't interfere.

I've used this clip for 10 yrs and only had to tighten the screws twice in all those yrs, probably some locktite the first time would had solved the problem other than that, no problems at all

Attached Files: