I've gotta stay out of Cabela's

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Txhillbilly, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I decided to take my Ruger #1 300WM to Cabela's just too see if they would buy it for a decent price.I don't shoot it much anymore and want some other guns.
    Well they gave me what I wanted for it and then I just had to go looking around,BIG mistake. I'm now the proud owner of a new Savage FCP 308 Tactical rifle,along with some brass,dies,etc.

I'm begining to think the Savage Tactical bug has bit me,now I have three a 25/06,308,and 300WM Savage Tactical rifle. I'm still waiting for my stock to get back for my 25/06,it is the same stock as this 308,they said they shipped it yesterday.
    I'll probably put the same Sightron SIII scope on the 308 that I have on the 25/06.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

And you couldn't buy that before the meet???

Very nice man.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Yeah, I mean....there's a Cabela's real close by in Fort Worth....:confused:

4. Txhillbilly

Hey you shot the 300 mag,this won't be much different,just a little less gettyup & go.
    It'll be waiting for you to shoot the next meet,along with the 06.

As you can see it's a right hand,they didn't have any lefties.
    And Lon,that's where I went.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. russ

russ New Member

Nice looking rifle. I think I may be getting the urge to build a tactical style bolt gun.

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Well we wondered where you went, but everyone said you were just off droppin' a deuce.

8. Txhillbilly

Now that's funny,LOL

9. opaww

opaww New Member

Dam nice rifle

10. Txhillbilly

Thanks Opaww,I have never had a 308.Always shot either bigger 30 cals,or smaller,just figured I needed one and after what they bought my #1 for it was almost free.So I did alright,I think.

11. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Very nice. Looking forward to more pics when as you add on to it. Don't forget the Range Report:D

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. Enjoy that rascal. :cool:

13. Hot Sauce NARC

Hot Sauce NARC New Member

(kind of off topic) but what sightron III do you have? Ive considered one for my 260 rem build and was wanting some more feedback on them

nice savage btw

14. Txhillbilly

Hot Sauce,I've got the Sightron SIII 6-24X50 LRMD on my 25/06 Tactical. It is a very nice scope.Very clear glass,almost as good as the glass in my Swarovski PH scope that cost almost 3x as much. It also has 100moa of adjustment windage & elevation. It has a 30mm tube and is a large scope.

Top gun-25/06 w/Sightron SIII,Bottom gun-300WM w/Swarovski PH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a link to one of the best prices I've found on it-

Sightron SIII 6-24 X 50 Black Matte, Mil Dot, SIII624x50LRMD, Rifle Scope: Arcadian Sales

15. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Very nice Tx!! You'll love it!!

16. Hot Sauce NARC

Hot Sauce NARC New Member

thanks tx.

I like the price and everything i have ever read about sightron was positive or better

17. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Sweet tackdriver there !! Curious to see a range report once the optics are mounted and dialed in..

18. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

Very nice. I second everyone about the range report.

19. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Excellent collection you have!! Congrats!! on the new Savage Arms Tactical Rifle, nice addition. I've always felt that Savage Arms' products deserve more credit than what they get. Savage products are under-rated, imo.

20. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Wicked looking rifle. I'll bet you can't wait to see how it shoots. We'll be expecting a range report.