I've got a question to anyone who has shipped a knife off to Buck to get fixed?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by HotFudge, Jan 3, 2012.

1. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

How long did it take? Because I sent my Bantam off in like...............November, still haven't got it back.

2. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

Are you positive they received it? You have a signed "received" receipt?

The reason I ask is that in my experience, Buck is always very responsive and lightening fast. I purchase knives from the custom shop to honor Scouts earning their Eagle rank, and these custom Bucks get to me in about a week even though they note that it takes four to six weeks for custom orders.

As for sending a knife into Buck for repair, I have never needed to because their product is so good.

3. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Hell, it probably got held up or lost in shipping or something dumb. I had a damned tracking # and insurance, no clue what I did with it. Never got a received receipt.

4. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Speaking the devil, I just got it today. They also gave me a code for 25% an online purchase.

They were probably just mad at me for sending it back packed in a Leatherman box.

5. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

Touche on the Leatherman Box.

Consider using that 25% off coupon on a custom folding hunter. They are beautiful knives and at 25% off would be a bargain.

6. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

I was thinking something more along the lines of a fixed-blade woodcraft utility knife. Something like a Buck Special.

BUCK