I've got a bone to pick with you guys..

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by AusLach, Nov 14, 2010.

1. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Oi, whoever the hell is buying all the Winchester Super X ammo over there, cut it out! I've been trying to buy some ammo for my .223 for my trip next month and no store that I've been to can even order Winchesters :eek:

Everyone has said that the Wichester factory is only barely keeping up with demand in the US and that none is making the journey Down Under. Because of this, all of our Federal ammo is running short as well. I ordered a case of Federal the other week and the store couldn't get it in in time (I'm going home on Tuesday), so to the owner's credit he sold me a case of Remington PSP's for the same price when normally it'd be $60-70 more expensive.

Hopefully by next week I'll have a range report after sighting in my Weatherby, and you can look forward to a field testing report early next month once I try it out on the Aussie version of prairie dogs! :D

Roos.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Would you look at all those two legged deer!!

All my .223 is 5.56 from Lake City, so I'm helping; right!!

Wish I was going with you.

3. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Thanks for doing your bit dune!

BTW, if you're ever over here, hit me up and we'll definitely go for a shot :cool:

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I soot PMC bronze .223 myself. Looks like some fun shooting there, rats with big *** bodies.

5. opaww

opaww New Member

My wal-Mart has a whole bunch of win. supper X 223 here so if you need some just move here and buy all you need

6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

Not me, don't shoot .223:D

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Want me to send you some?

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I roll my own, but when I did buy off the shelf it was either Hornady 55gr BT's or Coyotee 55gr SP.

9. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It's not my fault, I don't have anything that shoots .223.

10. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Well thanks to everyone for not contributing to my problem!

If you did Lon, I don't think my little package would make it past Customs; I'm sorta on a watchlist.. They're a bit jumpy about ammunition, I found this out when I tried bringing home the (empty) .375 H&H shell casing that I used for the Springbok in South Africa, I declared it at the airport and everything.. They confiscated it, and gave me an official warning for trying to import a restricted item. I asked how it was restricted, it's just a piece of metal, but the reply was that it could be reloaded, and thus used as a weapon. I said "Well if I was going to reload it, personally I'd be more worried about the gunpowder I'd need, not the brass".. but they were having none of it.

But anyway, that result was better than being arrested I suppose; makes for a good story too! :D

Thanks for the offer lol but I got a case of Remingtons to get through first. Fingers crossed that the POI won't change too much from the Federals (which the rifle is sighted in for at the moment), so hopefully I'll still have about 190 rounds left for my trip :)

11. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Its was me. However,I have enough for now, so you should be seeing an increase on your store shelves.:D

12. AusLach

AusLach New Member

I knew that it must've been someone on here! :D

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You got it. Good luck!

14. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I think it would be fun to light 'em up with a Barrett .50."Now that's a rifle." Good for making roo-mist.

15. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Could be a little bit of overkill methinks, seeing as though you can get through-and-throughs with a chest shot from a .243! No doubt fun though :p

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Do you guys eat roo tails down there?

17. AusLach

AusLach New Member

You can, I don't personally but one of my mate's dad swears they make a great stew.. The meat is way too gamey for my liking. When I shoot them it's more for a pest control reason than for meat. Kind of like your prairie dog shooters I guess.

18. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Probably something they sell to the yanks.;)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  19. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I don't mind a little game flavor but too much just doesn't work for me. How much does one of those big rats weigh?

20. AusLach

AusLach New Member

It probably is, the majority of meat that the pro shooters harvest is exported overseas.. I think a fair bit goes to Europe but some also definitely makes its way to the US.