Ive been bitten by the reloading bug!!

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Trez, May 17, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Last night I made/reloaded my first rounds, and Im hooked!! A friend of mine taught me how to reload and we made some rounds for my Arisaka.. It was alot easier than I thought it would be. We trimmed the .30-06 to size, reformed it using a .308 die first, then used the 7.7 sizing die to get the final shape for the brass. I think i did pretty good my first time making ammo. Even the headstamps worked out for me, as its marked "HXP 77". For some reason most of the .30-06 I had was not reloadable (berdan primed?) so i could only make 3 rounds, my friend has more of the HXP brass but has to find it. It was a least a good lesson in how to reload..... Now I cant wait to go shoot my Arisaka!! :D

Heres my rounds....

Attached Files:

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Looks like you did a good job.It's nice to have a friend that is into reloading when you first start out.
    Always ask a question if you have one,you can never ask too many,nor read too many books about reloading.
    I've been reloading for many years,and still find out little things that will help,or improve my groups.

3. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Nice work!! I just started myself, its fun and addicting. Makes you appreciate each shot a little more knowing you had to work for it and not just throw down some cash :cool:

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I shot my 3 rounds today... They worked great! I gotta say the Arisaka's one of the nicest mil-surps ive shot... I see why so many were sporterized and turned into hunting rifles..

Oh yeah my loads were 180 gr. "bore riders?" loaded with 16 gr. unique powder.

I was thinking of taking apart some 7.62x54r so I can have have jacketed rounds for cheap..

Last edited: May 18, 2011