I've become a Sig fan

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by riggergreg, Jun 9, 2010.

1. riggergreg

riggergreg New Member

So, I picked up a 226 9mm in a trade awhile back and really enjoy the way it feels and shoots, so when an older West German 220 .45 was offered at a very good price came up, I got it also. :D It was kinda dirty and old looking, but after cleaning it up and putting about 100 rds thru it, I really like it. Then last week, a buddy wanted to sell his 220 carry and a Sparks VM II for it, I got that one too.:rolleyes:

Although they don't shoot like my 1911s, they are fun to shoot and so far, are very dependable. I would have no problem with these as carry pistols. With the right holster, they are just as comfortable to carry as my Kimber or Colt.

Anyone else a Sig fan?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kdog

kdog Member

I also like Sig`s. The only thing I don`t like, is that the grip is fairly big and don`t really fit in smaller hands. That is why I do prefer my CZ75 Pre "B". Just fits my hands better.

But here some pics of my P226 in 9mm Luger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've got a p226. My 226 is chambered in 357sig. Due to a factory beavertail, it's profile resembles the Elite/Blackwater models. Apart from a special grip, it's nearly identical to it's tacticool cousins. The Sig night sites are the biggest reason it's my nightstand gun.

[​IMG]

Sigs are pretty outstanding guns. The only complaints I've ever heard regard price and stuffy customer service. There are also some pretty solid deals to be had in the used market.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I like all guns with my favorites to shoot being 1911s. This being said, I have 4 Sigs, a 220, 229, 238, and 239. The 229/239 are both .40s (with .357 barrels), the 220 a .45, and the 238 is .380 of course...

5. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

I've never been able to jump on the Sig bandwagon. They shoot well enough but they seem complicated.

It just seems like anything a Sig can do a Glock or XD can do better.

Maybe I just need to own one to understand. There are a lot of things like that. Hmmmm....maybe I can use this as a valid argument to justify a new purchase to the wife.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Sig makes an outstanding pistol

7. Deadman1

Deadman1 New Member

Sure do! :cool:

I've got the P220 SAO, it's a very accurate firearm. ;)

[​IMG]

8. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

here, here...love those Sigs...
    I use my Mosquito for snake killin' around the ranch & while trail riding.
    And also for my favorite pass-time plinking. :)
    [​IMG]

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Was always partial to Phil myself but to each his own..:D

[​IMG]

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

i got a pink sig mosquito (yes pink), a p220 45acp with 22LR conversion. recently sold my p226 in 9mm, it was an excellent gun i just dont care for 9mm. sigs are superb handguns very accurate and dont suffer from misplaced safeties on the trigger.

11. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

My p226 in .40
    Picture 52.jpg

My 7yd group with my p226
    aaa1.jpg

Yup, I'd say I'm a fan. :D

12. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I am a future sig fan, once I get that far down my wishlist! I'd really like a 229 SAS in 9mm.

13. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i'm a fan, the sig p226 navy was my first handgun and i love it.

i put some hogue grips on it and picked up the 22lr conv kit too

nothing but fun and reliablilty so far:D

14. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

My first Sig was a P220 in 45 then I picked up a P229, 239, and a 232. I am looking for a P226 to add to my collection

[​IMG]

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a 226 in 9mm and a 229 in .40 and love them both. It's hard to deny the reliability and accuracy. Even for a 1911 junkie like me:D