its tough

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by joshfireart, Jun 6, 2010.

1. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

i can see that its hard to comment on a post with out getting some ones under ware in a bunch. There is such a huge spectrum of knowledge and experience
    here. I've shot my whole life and can compete with most. When some one ask a question you dont know who what or where there coming from so I try to give the info I have learned "mostly the hard way" So i try to point them in a good directions, And being new to this forum dose not mean your new to the shooting world, Or being a senior member dose not mean your an expert in firearms. But it dose not mean your not either.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Have you had a bad experience or something? You can PM me if you'd rather speak privately.

...Or am I misunderstanding your post?

3. user4

user4 New Member

Yeah, que?...

4. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

Ok im not that sensitive and it was moor of observation to some of the other post i've read here. I should apologize for bringing baggage from another site with me. Overall this site is great.

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

No whining, then!! :D

6. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

We wont always agree with each other but what I seen from this site I want more. :) :)

7. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

8. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

Since I have been here, I have become to feel like this is a family. Just like your actual family though, where you have your good days and bad days with them.

Then sometimes you get that annoying person (The kind that sits on the side walk down the road from you and wants to socialize with you) that you think should get medical help. They come in here causing all kinds of disrupts with no clear objective other than to just make everybody aggravated.

I also come to find that being apart of this forum does not mean you have to assist others. It's a choice, if you think you would be helpful then by all means do it. Other than that just sit back and enjoy the ride.:D

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I try to help what little I can. I don't claim to be an expert on anything however sometimes I do a bit of good. I've been trying to be good & stay out of arguments.:rolleyes:

10. joshfireart

joshfireart New Member

this forum is as good as it gets and im pleased to be a part of it. i spent my 15.00 dollars to get that nifty decal and so i can call it home

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

From my noobie introduction posts:

"All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!"

We are a big family, and just like any family, it is very diverse. (No gorknoids, I didn't say perverse!)

Your time spent here is what you make it. I hope it's all good!

[​IMG]

And I put the "FUN" in Dysfunctional.

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Once in a while, we have someone showup, and start making definitive statements about when they were with the SealRangerLurpCommandoMarine Sniper Scout Teams in Hanoi, and were making 1000 meter shots with their RG revolvers that were originally carried by George Washington when crossing the Mississippi.

We usually leave the bodies lying around to discourage the next ones- but welcome honest questions, opinions, information and input. Except on the subject of beer, readheads, and football. :rolleyes:

Thick skin, wear the TALL rubber boots, and remember- it's only the internet!

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As with other family members, we will have disagreements. One way I can tell a good friend is when I tell them to "Get F$%ked!", he/she asks if we can get another beer.
    Some posters (me included) like to rile some people, or "Stir the Sh!t", if you will.
    It is not to be taken personally (in most cases).

There knowledgeable people here, that are fun loving, and like that mean uncle you didn't want to see (who later turned out to be the favorite).

Don't give up.

14. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

You are gonna have disagreements and someone may not like what you post but that goes for all of us. I absolutely enjoy this forum. We are glad to have you here and just keep posting and asking that is what it is about. I have learned a bunch from these guys and gals and I didn't know much when I joined . I have also made some wonderful friends. So hang in there and don't take everything to hard these fellows and ladies are here to help and have fun!!:)

15. Flat4sti

Flat4sti New Member

dont' get me wrong, but isn't GW mostly known for crossing the Delaware to fight the reds. I am sure at some point he crossed the mississippi as well as other rivers and various bodies of water, but it wasn't to go kick ***.