It's Saturday.....whatcha doin?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, May 21, 2011.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I hope we get some rain, it's like a steam bath out there. Austin got pounded and Bastrop, too (where Troy lives). That's only a little bit north of here and, yet, we get nothing. We're headed for an epic drought.

I'm going head out to the gun club soon and test different loads for the .221 Fireball, the .223, and the .22-250.......getting ready for the prairie dog shoot in two weeks and I'm stoked!!! My goal is to load 1,000 rounds for those three and I already have 900 rounds of .17HMR.

What are y'all doin today?

2. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Oh lets see...

• Spend a couple hours on FTF
    • Feed Horses
    • Do updates on a web site I maintain for a local group
    • Wash dishes
    • Do laundry
    • Organize ammo closet
    • Continue setting up reloading room
    God I hope I make it to the end of the list. Usually I run out of steam just before finishing whatever chore comes before the reward work. :(

By the way, we're having mild localized flooding here. We've had rain every couple of days for months now, and it's been heavy rain for a couple days.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I"m about to head out to the garage to finish raising the tunnel in a Mavrick so we can fit the 5 speed in it.
    Later I'm taking the wife out to a very nice resturant for our anniversy.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Well Happy Anniversary, Spitty! She must be a very strong woman!

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I was off work last night and tonight so today I PLAY. I am going to my granddaughter's birthday party this afternoon. I also have some housework to do.

It is raining here right now. I wanted to grill a rib eye steak at 0300 (remember I'm up nights and mostly sleep in the day) but I thought it would annoy the neighbors so I didn't. Now it's raining.

And the scroll wheel on my computer mouse just quit working and it's driving me insane.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You have no idea.:rolleyes:

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Wife and I are heading down to Champaign to visit some friends of ours... about a 3 hour drive one way.

And I'll try to get the car washed this morning.

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Glad to see you are still with us Spitty, and.....

[​IMG]

;)

9. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Well...I'm at my school's OCS program, so I've been doing PT since 6:00 in the morning, and I'm about to change into BDU's and do more PT till sometime tomorrow morning, including a 26 mile road march, and log PT.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Well, I got up at 4 to go to work. After I got there I saw that what I was supposed to do wasn't ready and wouldn't be until Monday, nice.

I came home and worked out for 45 min. Weights today. Then I ate breakfast.
    Now, I'm laying here watching discovery about the D.C. Sniper. Pretty soon I'll get a shower and take the boys to the baseball game. I'm coaching 9yr.olds this year, kid pitch. We're the A's 5-3.

Later we'll head to church and dinner afterwards. Then I'll come home and collapse.

11. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I'm gonna wash the boat I hope to trade this weekend, and hopefully go and shoot the AR and some .22's.

12. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Time for me to get caught up on chores. Took out the trash, loaded the dishwasher, walked the dog, went to the post office and got mail, hit the ATM and found that we have a great balance. I need to work on my motorcycle, I've been trying to see how long the battery would last and I found out. Bought it in July 2004 and it has given out. Today is the wife's birthday and she wants to see the new Pirate's movie. She is still sleeping in as is our son. Nice and quiet here.

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

HOOAH! :cool:

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I'll trade you. We have had scattered rain, heavy rain, brutal storms, and anything else that does not include sun for the past two weeks. Our rivers are turning into white water rapids and reservoirs are getting too full. To top it off, the extended forecast looks like rain and scattered t-storms every day next week.

15. Seven

Seven New Member

Taking my daughter to see Pirates of the Caribbean! woot!

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Here in Illinois the Mighty Mississippi is so high they are opening spillways and flooding out parts of Illinois to save Louisiana. I'm not near any of that but it's truly a tough situation for many, many people.

17. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Hey guys,

I’m sitting here at work and took a little time out to check FTF (It’s good to be the boss) :D. Traffic from Mexico is fairly light but it is expected to pick up this afternoon.

We are going on 110 days straight with no rain at all and we are hurting pretty bad, High desert or not we need some rain. We are currently under water rationing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, got to go back to work.

Scubie

18. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I was planning on hitting the range, but my recent issue with the gun I was going to test kinda put a damper on that :(.

Maybe go for a hike or some disc golf. Thats right, I said disc golf.:p

19. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

So take it apart and fix it. It's not like you're busy going to the range today. :p

I haven't played disc golf in about 15 years. But, my local course was in a forest and I spent most of my time out in the brush anyway.:eek:

20. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I've been trying. Stalkingbear is working with me and I'm sure he will give me an answer of what I need to do, but any other help is appreciated.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/s-w-trigger-too-light-42791/