Its really weird

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by string1946, May 8, 2014.

1. string1946

string1946 New Member

We have something strange going on near here. I live about 3 miles from Lake Oconee which is pretty much a rich folks lake. Thats why I live 3 miles from it but anyway, Monday or Tuesday they found the body of a 88 year old man dead in his garage and he had been decapitated and his head is missing. Also his 87 year old wife is missing as well. Her car, pocket book and cell phone were found at the house. They live in a gated community on the lake so they haven't ruled out someone coming in from the lake in a boat. The security level has just got ratched up several notches around my house for now. Hope they catch someone soon. Sheriff Sills said no one was ruled out yet but Sheriff Sills cause he knew where he was. Sounds like a TV show in the making.

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Strange is right! Keep the doors locked and your shotgun close!

3. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Sounds to me like a money plot within the family and somebody couldn't wait but you never know now days.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Does anyone else know where the sheriff was or he is not ruled out either? Now if the sheriff has witnesses to where he was at then they are ruled out too. I am not to sure your sheriff knows what he is doing. Is the sheriff's first name Barney?:rolleyes:

5. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

She cut off his head and took it with her into the woods

6. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Seems a bit extreme to cut someones head off and take it with you over a money plot! Yikes what a psychopath.

7. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Hey why not! If she's got dementia, she might have took the head to have someone to talk to! Ha, sorry, uncalled for.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wow. Sounds terrible. Keep us posted. I'm interested in how this turns out. I wonder if cause of death was decapitation or was he decapitated after death? I don't think a wife that elderly could do that.

9. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Ever watch Investigation Discovery ID on the discovery network. True stories, happens all the time:D

10. string1946

string1946 New Member

I'll update the thread as fact come to light. They have searched the woods and have been dragging the lake near the home. The lake is over 19, 000 acres so its pretty big. They brought in sonar and all they found near the home was christmas trees and a lawn chair. People sink old trees near their docks as habit for small fish and where theres small fish theres big fish. And the Sheriff's name is Howard not Barney. I know Howard. You don't want him looking for you.

11. string1946

string1946 New Member

The Sheriff did say he thought the decapitation was post mortem but he couldn't be sure. I assume he was basing that on the amount of blood around the body but thats just a guess.

12. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Auh , it is a sick world we live in ! So they push to disarm us , take our weapons.not in my life time ! Too many nut balls in the world . Time to get real . It only takes seconds to kill and 911is no way fast enough .

To me , carry your phones , that's fine . I carry a bit more .

No head ? :eek:

13. string1946

string1946 New Member

No new news today so far. They did say the home and property was worth over a million $'s and that there was no sign of a break in and the house was pristine and nothing appears to have been taken other than the head and the wife so it looks like murder and/or kidnapping was the purpose of the crime.

14. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I live no where near String. I had nothing to do with it

15. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

I still say, you watch it is a unusual suspect, it's somebody that had something to gain, I'll bet ya:D

16. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Weird stuff man . Crazed people today seem to do that kind of stuff just for kicks, but to say they stole nothing or took nothing from a home over 1 Million is some what odd. I would have doors locked and packing 24/7 .

17. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

So I guess that's a bowling ball in that sack :D

18. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Its a murder mystery from hell, we will see who the true detective is and the true detective will make a bunch of people mad and get to the facts.

19. string1946

string1946 New Member

My wife made me take my pistol off when we went to bed and put it on the night stand. :D

20. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I read about this killing right after it happened on CNN.com. Awful bidness... And I'd be armed 24/7 around there.

Reminds me of Dr. Johnston in Murray County who got killed by this druggie neighbor (who the Doc had delivered as a baby!), in 1992 when the druggie came looking for narcotics at the Doc's house. Doc had retired to care for his invalid wife, who was confined to a wheelchair. She witnessed the murder, the perp cut the old Doc's throat so viciously that he was all but decapitated. Horrible crime, as everybody around there liked the Doc. I think the perp has already been executed.