It's raining, its pouring!!!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dearhunter, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

It's raining, its pouring, but.....

Fotor01003220541.jpg

Just trying to keep our powder and guns dry!!

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Best wishes and luck to all of you down there . Been watching the weather channel and it looked bad , inches and feet of rain . Just hope you all get through alive with not too much damage !

Prayers to all of you !

3. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

Hope the best for ya'll, I am about 90 miles from you and it has been steady rain here but nothing like what you have there. Good luck to all there.

4. VoxRomantic

VoxRomantic Member

Watch out for those feral Dolphins, I hear they tear up everything ;)

Seriously, hoping for The best for you and yours!!!

5. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

Light rains and electrical storms over the Central Rocky Mtns. Average Temps are dropping over the next 72 hours. :(

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Too bad you cant ship some of that rain west. Severe drought conditions on the left coast.

7. CaptMidnight

Yes!! But when you look down on millions of dry farm fields you have to wonder? Just west of all those wind generators in Orange Co. is miles of sprinklers watering parks, lawns and giant golf courses. And they need water.:confused:

8. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Hopefully things will start drying up for y'all this coming week! We've had a lot of rain here in the upstate but nothing like y'all have been getting. And to add insult to injury, all the rain we've been getting just runs down hill straight to Charleston. I can't imagine what the Cooper river looks like right now just from the run off from all the rivers here, and then add all the rain y'all have gotten. Glad you're still dry, or at least I know your computer is!!! :D

9. CaptMidnight

You mentioned the Cooper River. I recall a job we had in and out of a town called Monk's Corner. We laid over their very often. There was a small café near by on the Cooper. They had the best fried catfish and hush puppies ever. I have often thought of that café over the past 30 years? Thanks for the memory.:)

10. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

You guys are probably better off with the drought....Every time it rains there your houses mud slide down the street....:D.

11. CaptMidnight

Cindy, lots of truth in that post. But the facts are usually this. Many folks are moving into the rural west. Real estate hustlers are building homes along arroyos aka seasonal creeks. The immigrants have no idea these arroyos turn into hell filled washes when the Monsoon season begins.:(

12. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Same story here in S.C. The rain and flooding have been bad, but the places that have flooded are the places that always flood when we get a lot of rain. I haven't seen one washed out road or bridge here that I haven't seen washed out many times before. But now we also have the same problem of lot of development and people moving here from other places that don't think about what happens when you build a house in a creek bottom or next to a swamp.:(