It's new, yet old.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Nake48, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Nake48

Nake48 New Member

First of all, I haven't shot this yet, and I can't wait go shooting down the range Sunday. I just got 'er back from the gunsmith, and it should fire fine now. My only gripes about it are; the DA trigger is what feels like 15-20lb pull (possibly a different spring might solve that problem), and the sights aren't the best, but they are better than the terrible sights on the Taurus TCP 738 I have. You can't see it from the pictures but it doesn't have an ambidextrous safety and fires 9x18mm instead the standard 9x19mm. I love the blue steeled finish from who knows how long it was used before it was imported to America.

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Well, get that sucker shot and post a range report. ;)

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Be careful on changing springs. The main spring does affect the double action pull, but it also helps to dampen the felt recoil.

4. Nake48

Nake48 New Member

That is what I thought originally, because of how these older models work, the spring on the barrel is a lot larger than modern recoil strings these days.

5. danf_fl

For info, the spring on the barrel is the recoil spring. The main spring pushes the hammer forward when the sear is released and puts resistance on the hammer when it is being cocked by the slide after a shot is fired.
    May I suggest that you get a manual. There should be one in the sticky area of this section (or the general handgun).
    Good luck.

6. Nake48

Nake48 New Member

I figured that was the recoil spring on the barrel after further information from various sources. I didn't know where the mainspring was that pushes the hammer forward. I can't find a manual for the p-64 on the stickies thread, unless it has another name that it's called by, which I am un-aware.

7. danf_fl

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Here's a pretty good resource for manuals LINK

9. Canon1DsMKIV

Canon1DsMKIV New Member

Pretty sweet looking find there. Range report!!

10. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

I agree But my favorite thing about my CZ 82, is that it runs cheap wolf steel case with no problem. It is one of my most shot guns because of this.