It's my turn!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by rab, Mar 21, 2014.

1. rab

rab New Member

Had to abreviate an early session at the range, for an urgent doctor's appointment. Forgot to unholster my pistol, and had it on when I went to see my doctor. Someone freaked, and I got to see the "terrorist-takedown" in person. My recreation, work and entire life may be partially ruined! Be careful! There is a Police back-lash that seems to be trying a new direction in their attack on guns!
    In Philadelphia, PA;
    1. Firearms are not to be carried W/O License
    2. Carrying Firearms in Public IS a crime
    3. Firearms are not to be carried W/O a License
    4. Firearms in a car or locked bag, can now be considered as Concealed Weapons!
    5. All these make possibility of an instrument of crime, w/int.
    :eek:

If this is a worth talking about, It sure could use the opinions and experience on getting over this one. I seems that they have twisted the law to again attack our sport..
    Feedback welcome here or at
    rabrooks@cavtel.net

thanks guys

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

See a lawyer, and only discuss this situation after things have been settled.

To go open like this can possibly compromise your chances of a good out come.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Or to put it another way, you discussion could lead to a guilty or nolo contendere plea.
    There will be no way "Not Guilty" can be entered with the forum entered as evidence.

4. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

I agree with Danf. You should really be keeping quiet until you've had your day in court. Posting on here for legal advice is a bad idea. I don't think too many members have law degrees. Even if they did, I'm sure they wouldnt give legal advice on a gun forum. Best of luck with your case.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i'm sorry you were caught carrying a gun openly in Philly. Would have thought all PA gun packers knew about Philly and it's draconian gun control laws. This is the wrong place for legal advice.

Get a lawyer ASAP.