It's MONDAY!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Aug 13, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What are your plans for the week?

Today I have to take my Dad to the doctor. I hope to get home before rush hour traffic so I can get some sleep before I go into work tonight.

I just had the weekend off so the only day I get off this week is Thursday night. Its' going to be a loooong week for me.

2. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

I got my government check over the weekend, so I am off to the bank to cash it. Then I am going to the ammo supply point and get bullets. After that, it's off to the range to do some shooting. I got my food stamps replenished, so after the shoot, I am going to buy some steak and barbeque.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

4. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I'm off until Thursday. The range is in the plans today or tomorrow. Some reloading this morning.

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Work, Work, School, and work some more. That's right three jobs and school but there isn't any jobs out there if you ask some :D

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Roll-Over and go back to bed.....

7. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Your name cracks me up. Every time I see it I read Beagle Slam by mistake.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Clean:
    Walther P22
    S&W .22
    M&P compact 9mm
    Ruger 10/22
    Glock 20 and 10mm brass

Fix:
    Ejection issue with ram line 10/22 30rnd mag

Modify:
    Handle of new knife (pics will follow later)

Make:
    Sheath for new knife (pics)

9. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Off today so I'm hitting the range at some point then cleaning my firearms, them maybe reload some. Rest of the week is busy with work, we have a season kickoff sale going on this week.

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

A busy, perhaps hectic day for you. Best wishes in getting that nap before tonight's shift. :)

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

There are over 20,000 jobs listed on indeed.com for the Fort Worth area, so there are definitely jobs around. The only problem is that it's hard to find one if you don't have much work experience. :(

12. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

Quit my current job if I'm lucky and start a new one. Bad luck seems to follow me, though, so I guess I'm screwed.

13. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Uncle Sam is hiring :D j/k I just get tired of hearing everyone say there are no jobs. They are out there, you just have to plug away and keep applying. When it comes to no work experience you have to start somewhere and volunteering may be the answer to get some experience to put on your resume. What are you looking at doing? Plus aren't you in school?

14. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

Working today and tommorrow and leaving for Destin FL for a few days on a mini vacation .Sunday working on the river have a few rafting trips

15. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

There are 200,000 truck driving jobs in the states now and the gov. Will pay for u to go to school for there are jobs out there most people just are to lazy to get a job or relocate for a job or are to good to make less money then they were at there old job people got to rember a work place ain't going to invest good money in to some who ain't worked for them yet u got to put time back in. And money will come and promotions.

16. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

selling a mosin to my brother in law tonight. going to a fair also. workin all week and then house chores and other assorted tasks

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Yeah, I'm in school, but I think I could handle at least a part time job too. I'm studying for civil engineering, but I'd be happy with just about any job I could get right now. If I can, I'd really like to get a full time job.

I do have SOME experience, but it doesn't seem to help be. I have 2 years of experience as a peer mentor (basically 200 hours of community service as a tutor. It also was a way to take 3 college classes for free. :)) I also spent 5 months as a federal work study in the college's admissions office.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  18. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Have you tailored your resume to each specific job when applying and included a cover page? If you want me to take a look at it and give you some helpful tips send it to my silverado email.

19. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Most of those are OTR jobs, and since most people don't want to be away from thier families for weeks or months at a time those jobs will always be open. I did it for awhile and it was very hard, put a strain on my marriage and I missed the first 9 months of my sons life.

Local companies usually require 2 years of commercial truck driving experience so its difficult to get into anything but OTR starting out. You really just have to bite the bullet and do it and then look for something local when you get some experience in.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  20. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Working all week BUT taking clients shooting on Wednesday! :)

Only thing better than shooting mid week and getting paid for it is also being able to expense the ammo! :D

1 case 5.56 mm. "check"
    1 case 7.62 x 39. "check"
    1 case 12 G #7. "check"
    1/2 case .45 ACP. "check"
    1/2 case .40 S&W "check"
    1/2 case 9 mm. "check"

The cost of marketing simply can't be avoided...:cool:

Tack