Its kind like finding a $20 in an old coat.

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by melch79, Aug 28, 2012.

1. melch79

melch79 New Member

We recently moved to the Augusta Ga area and while cleaning out the Jeep I looked under the back seats and found 5 boxes of Blazer 45 acp. and 4 boxes of Remington 30-30 and 3 100 rnd boxes of CCI Minimag 22LR and I have to say its a lot like finding a 20 in a coat you have not worn since last winter except so much better:D.
    Anyone ever find anything cool like that.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Think its closer to $100. Nice find.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Very nice! Range time.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Winter before last, cleaning off my workbench- went to move bag- HEAVY. What the heck? Oh- 4 bricks of 22 target ammo. Oh yeah! Remember the sale!

Hmmm- maybe I can put it in that box. (Opens Box) Nope- THAT is a case of 9mm Remington I caught on sale for 4.98 a box. Forgot where I had put it.

I have GOT to clean off the workbench more often.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Hmmm, didn't I once buy some, oh, wait, maybe... What's this!?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  6. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

When I was stationed on Okinawa one night I was broke and reading a book in the barracks. I turn a page and there was 4 crisp $20.00 dollar bills. Evidently I had come back one night blitzed and stashed some money and forgot about it.

That was a real nice feeling with the exception of knowing I had an obvious black out at some point.

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

My grandmother raised me all of my life and when she passed in 2007 it was devestating for me. I was already living in the house and i could not make myself go through her stuff to move it out. After about 5 months me and my wife were going through a box of misc papers and cards "birthday,chrstmas,etc" i opened up an evelope and inside was $600

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

My condolences about your grandmother, but nice find man.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Much appreciated, she is dearly missed

10. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I was going through my moms house to get my belongings a few months ago and came across some on my dads things from when he passed away. Found a gun case and asked my mom if i could have it. Opened it up and found a Gew 1888. I remember seeing this rifle about 15 years ago amd my dad saying it was my grandfathers. Getting ready to take it apart and clean it up and hopfully shoot it. Ive been trying to do some research and figure where it was made and all the specs on it. I will post pictures as soon as my phone stops being retarted.

11. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Hope this helps. I will post numbers and markings when i get home. I love working third shift. Sorry for the picture of my son, my phone is posting pictures im not uploading.

Attached Files:

12. MarkAD

MarkAD New Member

no matter how it got there, Your son (cute boy) and your gun (nice rifle) have made this very a pleasant posting to see. May your son and your daddy's gun be with all our life.

13. therhino

therhino New Member

Ahh, the E-Club blackout. I had one of those once. At least yours resulted in found money. Mine resulted in guys from Second Platoon dunking my head in the toilet while I was passed out and helpless.

14. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Bad this is I'm pretty sure that money found just went back into another night of drinking.

I'm surprised I'm still alive with how stupid I was when I was younger.

15. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Always happy to see Future Gun Owner pics ;)

B'sides, anytime you buy a gun now, you can use the "It's for ______ when he grows up..." :D

Except I get to do it TWICE!! Nothing quite like Twins to make one want to expand the collection ;)
    [​IMG]