It's about time!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Tweaked, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Tweaked

Tweaked New Member

Well after two very long months, I finally have my CHL. I carried fire the first time yesterday. I'm carrying my Ruger SR9c in an Old Faithful IWB holster.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Did it burn you :eek:
    :p:p
    I have a SR9c also- Great CCW :cool:

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

ROFL.

Congratulations. I hope to be able to carry some day, too.

4. Tweaked

Tweaked New Member

Lol, typing on a phone sucks. I meant for, not fire.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Knew that--
    Me & spell check on phone dont get along either :p

6. Tweaked

Tweaked New Member

Carried to the bank for the first time on Wednesday. I got to say that was a bit awkward.

7. allegreenlee

allegreenlee New Member

Why is that awkward?were you fighting the urge to rob the teller?There is no difference between carying in a bank or any other place.If your new to carrying a handgun you should learn your local laws.

8. Tweaked

Tweaked New Member

It was only uncomfortable because of the concern that others may not know the law and if there was any accidental exposure I would most assuredly be accused of attempted robbery.

9. CJohn364

CJohn364 New Member

Two months...wow. I only waited a week, but felt pretty good carrying the first time I did. LOL

10. allegreenlee

allegreenlee New Member

Ok, i was wondering because people think banks are off limits, my little brother even asked me if he can go in a bank with his gun.Your right others dont know the laws.Id think a guy with paper in his hand is more suspicious at a bank,a demanding note seems to be the weapon of choice for bank robbers today.

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Way cool man, a big fan of the SR9C here! Color me as green as envy gets.

12. markie357

markie357 New Member

Hey Tweaked

I am waiting for my background check and I should have my CPL and I am really looking at the SR9C. What do you think of it as a carry/range gun? My cousin has a LCP and says its not a good range gun but its his carry gun. Money wise I can't have two yet so I'm looking for something to carry and take to the range. Also will be my first purchase

13. Tweaked

Tweaked New Member

I think it is a fantastic carry/range gun. It conceals very well with the 10 round mag and handles exceptionally well at the range when using either mag, but especially the 17 round with grip extension. Get yourself a good IWB such as the Old Faithful or Theis or Crossbreed and you will forget you are even wearing it at times.