Its a toss up...

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by fupuk, Jan 6, 2012.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

My oldlady said shes gonna buy me a new handgun but one condition. I only have $1000 to spend.... I know i love her. But the thing is i dont know if i should buy another revolver or get a 1911? I know if i get the revolver i want i will have like $400 to spend on ammo to add to the stock pile of .357/.38's that i already have. Or if i get a 1911 i will be **** out of luck for ammo because i dont have a .45 so i will be starting with nothing!!!! I hate decesions like this.

2. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

You can get a nice 1911 for less than $1000 man,**** the one I want is only about $750 and its fancy by my standards lol

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

You can get a GOOD 1911 & have at least a couple hundred left over for ammo :cool:
    Go with the 1911 (you will sooner or later anyway :rolleyes:) :D

4. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Thats what i was thinking also but the 1911's at my local gun store are mostly higher end handguns. Like $1500 plus range and i dont see the need to spend that much on a gun right yet. But they did have a few brands that i have never heard of for like $500 but i dont want a p.o.s I would like to find a releible brand thats in my price range..

5. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Look at some springfeild armory 1911's they have models ranging from $450 to $1500,I want a lightweight champion from them in duo-tone od-green and armory kote And found that exact one for $729 online. Was down at sportsmans warehouse last week And saw one of their range officers for something like $750 dollars. They make good 1911's and if for some reason you get a lemon I've heard they'll jump through hoops to make it right.

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I would look at getting a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911a1 or a used Colt Series 1991.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Get a $1000 gun, then buy ammo. When she flips, say "but honey, I thought that $1000 was for the gun without ammo."

Then report back and let us know how that goes. :)

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Ive been looking for Springfield Armory R.O but they dont have one in stock so i can see how it feels in my hand. And i dont think it would be to much of a problem getting her to buy the ammo either. She said if i got a .45 she wouldnt shoot it. But then again she said she wouldnt shoot my .357 either, but she sure was shooting them this morning at the range.. Time will tell.

9. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

You could skip the 1911 and get any number of nice semi auto handguns in the $600 range. Rugers, CZ's, Berettas, Glocks, S&W, XD's XDm's....the list goes on.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Trust me- She'll shoot it AND love it :D
    My wife said the same & once she tryed mine I have to beat her to get to shoot it myself now when we practice :mad: :p

11. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I got her a glock 17 a few months ago. Then i got her a sig mosquito (the pink one) for christmas. So she has a couple options when we go to the range it just took me a little longer to get her to shoot the .357's.

12. mcb

mcb New Member

A 1911 is an essential part of any collection, keep looking there are good deals out there.

13. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Yah im gonna have to keep looking for a 1911.

14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

15. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I emailed my local shop and they said they do have springfield 1911's i was just looking in the wrong spot. You would think that if the case has all 1911's all of them that they carry would be in there. But i guess not.

16. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

I own 2 Colts and 2 HK 45's. I believe it is worth noting that the Army's shooting team uses STI. With S&H costing as much as $65 each way, its often worthwhile to buy it exactly the way you want it.

I've invested in a custom fitted bushing and one piece guide rod. Improved accuracy but now I need bushing wrench & a tremendous amt of energy to take apart. Plug comes out at Mach III and if your not prepared for it, you'll never find it. ( I keep a spare JIC :) )