It Is Coming! Beware! It Is Coming!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

The joy of holiday shopping!

BLACK FRIDAY!

2. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I usually go out and spend about $50 on random things I want/need, but I refuse to stand in the lines they have at places like Best Buy and other very popular stores.

3. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

LOL...

I hear Dick's has a great deal on a gun safe every BF.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

My wife is supposed to be working from midnight Thursday night/Friday morning, until 5-7 Friday evening. I have an issue with this.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

maybe im slow but what is black friday??

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Kind of like preseason shopping for the Christmas season shopping.

7. bkt

bkt New Member

The (Fri)day after Thanksgiving and refers to the masses hitting the malls and other stores to kick off their Christmas shopping.

8. partdeux

It is named after the day when businesses allegedly going from being in the red to being in the black (profit)

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its just me but whenever adults start running in the stores, try and steal from your shopping cart, jerking items out from under you,and pushing and shoving... i tend to become very ill tempered and i end up putting hands on someone...so its not worth it to me

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I would rather shave my head with a cheese grater then leave my deer stand on black Friday. I will be spending that day in the woods....far, far, far away from shopping humans.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

so basically its the occupy k-mart movement...

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Yep, and every other store that has rediculous sales. Its the day where grown adults turn into teenage turd heads and vandalize, assault, and maim just to get an item before YOU do.. its the day where you will see a 60 year old woman running around pushing people and snatch an item out of a 10yr olds hands like she has lost her damn mind.. there are normal people participate but they are normally the ones that try and shop normal and not get s***.

13. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Tell us more!!

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I went shopping once on Black Friday with my daughter. It made me a nervous wreck.

15. shadamai

shadamai New Member

One year I was working at the mall on Black Friday and at lunch sat near a police officer on his break. I asked him how his day was going and he said it had been busy. Apparently an old lady punched someone over a computer, broke their nose, created a big bloody mess...sadly, the holidays seem to bring out the worst in people. They act the exact opposite of everything Christmas is supposed to represent.

16. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

So whats the moral of the story!? Do your shopping on any other day! I refuse to leave my house that day.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Pretty much, unless your just having a bad day and want an open season on morons.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

There are very few statements that are any truer than this one.

Even those who aren't Christians for the most part still recognize that the holiday season is presumably supposed to be a time of good will, good cheer, generosity and joy.

Black Friday, for risk of sounding like an occupier, is a capitalist curse on otherwise good and decent people.

Those of you planning on sitting in the deer stand on that day, you have the right idea.

19. partdeux

Looking at their 2010 ad, it looks like a 24 gun safe for $499 with a $50 rebate. As of last night, their 2011 ad still hasn't appeared.

20. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

My holiday shopping theme song .
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trinU3VD1Zo&ob=av2e[/ame]