Firearms Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that. We have shot grunters over baits like feral horse, donkey and dead cattle. It's a means to an end especially here in Australia as pigs can carry a variety of nasty diseases so whatever it takes to get rid of them.
I should add that we've also dogged them, chased them on quads and walked up on them.

Reactions: alsaqr

·
Premium Member
10,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't worry about that.
i don't worryl: Just kill hogs every chance i get. Hogs on that lease have adversely impacted the deer. i never saw a fawn last year. Several sounders frequent that property. All the adults are trap shy. When we do catch an adult it's because a pig has rushed into the trap hit the trigger.

The next step is setting snares.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i don't worryl: Just kill hogs every chance i get. Hogs on that lease have adversely impacted the deer. i never saw a fawn last year. Several sounders frequent that property. All the adults are trap shy. When we do catch an adult it's because a pig has rushed into the trap hit the trigger.

The next step is setting snares.
I'm sure you are aware, but snares can catch about anything, including deer, so use with caution. Its illegal to use snares for anything other than beaver and bear up here. The beaver sets have to be water sets, and the bear sets can only catch a bear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts