Issue removing pin

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Rob76, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Rob76

Rob76 New Member

As anyone had trouble tapping out the pin you need to back out in order to change out the slide stop on a G26? I can't get that damn pin out and kind of afraid to hit it any harder then I already have with the punch.

2. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Did you try going from both sides? Sometimes they can be particular about which way they go.

3. Kraj

Kraj New Member

There is a notch to lock the slide stop in place. Move that around as you drive out the pin and you shod be fine. It takes a little force but if it's not moving at all stop before you bend something.

What are you using to push it?

4. Rob76

Rob76 New Member

Only tried pushing pin out through the left side with a punch and small hammer. Tried moving the slide stop to relieve any pressures on the pin with no luck. I'll try pushing it through from the right then but I thought I read to push glock pins form left to right.

5. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Knock out the little pin first --that will take some of the spring tension off of
    the slide stop.

The slide stop need to be free to wiggle around. There are two narrow slots in the pin, the slide
    stop is in one of them. Lay the gun down flat, put some hand pressure on the pin with a punch,
    and push while wiggling the slide stop to line it up so it's not down in the slot. Go left to right,
    if you go right to left you just have to deal with the slot on the other end too.

6. Kraj

Kraj New Member

Either way would be fine, no difference. You shouldn't need a hammer though, just a punch

7. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

It will come out on either side. Try a little Break Free, let it stay for 10 min. Put the frame on a hard immovable surface such as a steel benchtop. Use a small steel hammer and a steel punch, and start tapping in very short controlled strokes.

8. My24462

My24462 New Member

9. Rob76

Rob76 New Member

After putting bout 200 rounds through it the pin popped out after some light tapping.

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

When working on a Glock, first off, remove all hammers from the area, and throw them over your neighbors fence. Very important.

No hammers
    No leather mallets
    No ball peen hammers
    No sledge hammers
    No fireman entry axe
    No 14th century battle hammers
    No air hammers
    No brass hammers
    No plastic hammers
    No paper, scissor, hammers
    No MC Hammer

In short, no hammers.

It is not force, it is finesse.

Pins are removed in this order only, from left to right (as if to exit a passenger door, not exit the drivers door) USA cars lol

Locking Block Pin (armorers also call this the first pin)
    Trigger Housing Pin
    Trigger Pin

Replace these back in the gun, right to left (back in the passenger door side (((in America) ))) in the same order

Locking Block Pin
    Trigger Housing Pin
    Trigger Pin.

As the last pin out, the Trigger Pin, manipulate the Slide Stop Lever so it is moving in all directions, even directions not associated with the usual function of this part. Wiggle the Slide Stop Lever all over the place, as you push on the pin, with the Glock take down punch. Finesse remember.

The Trigger Pin will then come out, without the use of force.

As mentioned, never never never never hammer on a Glock. NEVER !

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  11. AR10

AR10 New Member

Diagram of pins in order of removal.

Why only remove pins from right side, and replace them on the right side?

Two reasons

One, if you drive pins out in both directions, you increase the size of the frame holes on both sides. If the left side never has pins pushed clear through, that side stays tighter,allowing the pins to stay tighter in the gun.

Two, the Trigger Pin has two cuts in it, so it can go in in either direction, to allow the Slide Stop Lever to fall into this cut. This cut holds this pin in place. If you remove this pin from the left side, you get the Slide Stop Lever from one cut, only to have it fall into the second cut, and you have to do the SSL wiggle all over again.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014